Northern France

neilrobins
neilrobins Posts: 102
edited June 2012 in Tour & expedition
Heading off to Le Touquet for a family holiday and by happy turn of fete I will be able to take bike with me. It's a little flat around the coast but does anyone know any nice rides around there?
Ta

Comments

• Head up to Montreuil (nice walled town, excellent food, local artisan brewery) and explore river valleys from there. You can ride through the battlefield of Agincourt (Azincourt). The local tourist info will have leaflets with a load of good rides. This is not the flatlands of Flanders but chalk hills and valleys and lovely riding.
  • neilrobins
    neilrobins Posts: 102
    Montreil sur mer is great,what a road leading into the town, half decent gradient, a couple of switchbacks and then pave to the centre. Have rode there everyday, the roads heading out the otherside are nice condition with rolling hills and the odd 10% decent/climb just best not to rely on the signs which are next to useless, not a bad place to get lost tho !
  • Glad you liked it. I found it magical to be riding across the battle ground of Agincourt - not to glorify war, though, for the sake of history.