Which Canyon???

OllieE
OllieE Posts: 17
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
I am looking to purchase a full Sus canyon MTB but can't decide what bike would be best
The Nerve XC6 or go up and spend more and get the Nerve XC7 or go up and get a Nerve AM6. Is it worth the extra money, I am mainly liking at good suspension/forks and weight. Please help, thanks

Comments

• frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    depends on the riding you are doing - any bike will cut the mustard but if you are predominantly doing uplifts, EU and riding hard it will change the type of bike....
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    I would say get the AM, the best one you can afford, they can do everything.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Yeah I'd go for AM6.0

You can always wind down the fork to 120mm if you think that 150mm is too much for everyday use
  • miguel73
    miguel73 Posts: 28
    Yeah get the AM, I was gonna until the mrs said she liked the strive es, which was a green light to get that one instead! :D

Did about 2 months worth of research when looking for my new bike and always came back to the Canyons, couldn't find any bad comments/articles about them.........if you don't like it when it arrives you've got 30 days to send it back, obviously you can't have taken it for a spin though :D
  • OllieE
    OllieE Posts: 17
    Thanks for the replys, just don't know if it's actually worth the extra £££
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I'm looking at Canyons (or possibly a Trek, if I can negotiate a decent deal with the LBS) at the moment and am thinking why get a Nerve XC/Fuel Ex when I can get a Nerve AM/Remedy with extra travel and just keep my hardtail for the less challenging stuff.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I'm looking at Canyons (or possibly a Trek, if I can negotiate a decent deal with the LBS) at the moment and am thinking why get a Nerve XC/Fuel Ex when I can get a Nerve AM/Remedy with extra travel and just keep my hardtail for the less challenging stuff.
    That's what I've done.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    mcnultycop wrote:
    and am thinking why get a Nerve XC/Fuel Ex when I can get a Nerve AM/Remedy with extra travel and just keep my hardtail for the less challenging stuff.

this is exactly the same conclusion i'm reaching. shame they don't do the nice black forest green on the AM though, oh well.

i'm going to wait for the euro to tank a bit more before i get mine :twisted: although better get in before it collapses completely and the germans get the mark back!