Two questions

Mickyg88
Mickyg88 Posts: 289
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Just been out for the first time in 3 weeks, only did 20 flatish miles, wearing a new pair of gore bib shorts, and came home with a bit of a sore backside and a slightly aching back, now they could both be down to the lapse in riding, but questions are:

If I use some chamois cream will it really help the sore backside, whats a good one to use?

I live in the Blackpool area, does anyone know where I could get a reasonably priced bike fit in my local area?

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Depends what you mean by "sore". Chamois cream will help to prevent chaffing and infection, it won't stop your sit bones from feeling bruised or alleviate pain from a poorly fitted saddle.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    So the only change is your shorts and a three week lay off.

I'd say it's down to the lay off. Rub some Sudocrem on your sore butt and the back ache is down to the lay off.

If the bikes been good up to the lay off why bother with a costly bike fit?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Regarding bike fit you could try Paul Hewitt Cycles in Leyland - not too far is it?
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    About half an hour to Leyland, will ring him and see what he has to offer, but going out all this weekend on the bike so will see how things feel over the weekend, thanks guys....
  • sirmol
    sirmol Posts: 287
    Leisure-lake bikes are pretty good, theres one in lancaster.