Wiggle Magnificat - June 3rd

Anyone looking to ride the Magnificat this coming weekend?

http://www.cyclegb.co.uk/

The weather is looking a little meh.....

Comments

• doodles
    doodles Posts: 8
    I'll be there... just finished getting the bike and kit sorted!
  • JSS
    JSS Posts: 55
    I have to say the Magnificat was quite the wettest and coldest event I did last year in the sportive season.

They seem to have a special skill at choosing terrible conditions!
  • ctc
    ctc Posts: 232
    Packed my waterproof and ready to go!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JSS wrote:
    I have to say the Magnificat was quite the wettest and coldest event I did last year in the sportive season.

Yeh +1 still it is my local sportive but thankfully this year I missed it due to my jubilhangover :lol:

true to form it totally chucked it down today as well
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • oldhairylegs
    oldhairylegs Posts: 220
    Rode the 127 miler today with a couple of club mates.

Whilst the weather wasn't quite as bad as last year, it did try its worst and the last couple of hours were pretty soggy :|

Worth saying how well run the whole thing was; signage was good and the feed stops were excellent again - many thanks to all the organisers and helpers who were universally cheerful and encouraging throughout.

Surely next year it will be dry :?:
  • doodles
    doodles Posts: 8
    I managed to make it round the 127 mile route too. First time doing the long distance, only done the 81 mile route previously.
    Weather was crap to start off with but I reckon we got away with the worst of it and stayed dry more than 60% of the ride, so not too bad.
    Lots of people suffering with punctures again, fortunately I managed to avoid getting any.
    It was a bit of a slog for the last couple of hours, very scenic but hard work.
    Excellent feed stops and route directions made it quite an enjoyable ride all in all.