2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6.0

Mojo_666
Mojo_666 Posts: 860
edited August 2012 in Your mountain bikes

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Can't see the pick but you've sold the nerve have you Mike?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Mojo_666
    Can't see the pick but you've sold the nerve have you Mike?

Nah Jim, I still got the Nerve, It was just getting a bit of a beating doing the DH (started doing way more than I had intended) so I wanted something just for that as I had already had my Nerve out of action due to DH abuse. :?
  • Squarepants
    Aah good man, thats more like it :D

Are we likely to see you on the CC DH then?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Mojo_666
    Aah good man, thats more like it :D

Are we likely to see you on the CC DH then?

Yeah I have done 9 lifts this year already, the next one is booked on the 16th of June with a few others from the club if your up for it (8 spots left atm) were doing an uplift once a month usually the 3rd weekend, dates are posted on the forum. :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Mike!

Gief me your bike :P
  • Hey Man - how does the speedzone ride?
    What DH bike would you compare it to in terms of ride position? I've just ordered one of these. Had a bounce on a trek session that felt awesome but obviously never got to feel the Canyon!

Please post some more pics outside of the house and maybe some videos!!
  • Mojo_666
    Hey Man - how does the speedzone ride?
    What DH bike would you compare it to in terms of ride position? I've just ordered one of these. Had a bounce on a trek session that felt awesome but obviously never got to feel the Canyon!

No clue, it just arrived today, I will let you know after the 16th when I get to uplift on it, I hope to get a few pushups between now and then but they will be set up rides only I would imagine.
  • Fair enough :)
    Please get some more pics up in the daylight!!! The stem area & a shot from behind and more from above!!
  • also what happened to the bolt on the seat stay (6th picture down!)
  • Mojo_666
    Fair enough :)
    Please get some more pics up in the daylight!!! The stem area & a shot from behind and more from above!!

Yeah maybe, what do you mean about the seat stay bolt?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Hey Man - how does the speedzone ride?

No clue, it just arrived today, I will let you know after the 16th when I get to uplift on it, I hope to get a few pushups between now and then but they will be set up rides only I would imagine.
    +1 for a ride report when you've had a chance to thrash it at CC (I'm there on the 17th so pity I won't get a chance to see it in the metal).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Mojo_666
    Gutted, we normally do Sundays but this month got a bit busy. :/
  • miguel73
    miguel73 Posts: 28
    Sweet bike!
  • Squarepants
    Can see it now bike and eeeesh :shock: that's pretty. I really do think it would benefit from some Fox Vans single crowns, I'd be prepared to swap for the Boxxers, grudgingly of course :wink:

I'm a bit busy on the 16th (my wedding) but I'll def be booking up when I'm back, be nice to see that beast in the flesh
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Mojo_666
    Wow, I had assumed you had done the wedding already Jim, hope the day goes as planned. :D
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Nice! - i've got the 2011 version with 180Mmm out back. Am tempted to go for the new DH version.

What size did you go for, and how tall are you?
  • Mojo_666
    bells0 wrote:
    Nice! - i've got the 2011 version with 180Mmm out back. Am tempted to go for the new DH version.

What size did you go for, and how tall are you?

I went for the medium, same as my Nerve AM I am 5' 11" 31" inside leg
  • Squarepants
    Cheers dude
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Stevo_666
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Just looked at your sig - I saw a load of lads from the Halfwayup club there a couple of Sundays back (20th). Looked like they knew what they were doing.

Forgot to say - bike looks the business BTW 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Mojo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Just looked at your sig - I saw a load of lads from the Halfwayup club there a couple of Sundays back (20th). Looked like they knew what they were doing.

Yeah that was us, were you on the bus? or doing the trail?
  • Stevo_666
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Yep, I was on the bus that Darrell was driving for most of the day, apart from when I had a problem with the chain and had to get Kenny's bus for one run before lunch - which was the one you lot were on. I was the bloke wearing black & white kit on the Spicy (probably the only bike that wasn't a full-on downhiller so easy to spot).
  • Mojo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Yep, I was on the bus that Darrell was driving for most of the day, apart from when I had a problem with the chain and had to get Kenny's bus for one run before lunch - which was the one you lot were on. I was the bloke wearing black & white kit on the Spicy (probably the only bike that wasn't a full-on downhiller so easy to spot).

Ah right OK, were you the dude who had the chain tool and was planning on putting the chain back on up the top?
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    That looks really really long for a medium, any idea what the wheelbase is? I bet it's stable as fook over rough but looks hard to whip about.
  • Stevo_666
    Mojo_666 wrote:

Ah right OK, were you the dude who had the chain tool and was planning on putting the chain back on up the top?
    No, I fixed my chain problem in the car park - my mate (who was on the black & yellow Spesh Demo) did lend his chain tool out to a lad who fixed it up at the top though. Will look out for you lot in future, will probably be doing a few more over the summer :)
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Same pics you had up on your FB mate :p

we really have to get out for a ride been a long time since the Welsh Power days!
  • Mojo_666
    Well it doesn't climb as well as I was expecting. :p

Seriously though I had an epic day on the bike Tuesday, the bike is not now beaten and scarred and bedded in some.

All in all very pleased, did 9 downhill runs on it at 5 locations, looking forward to the CC Uplift day now :D .........
  • pitbull4x4
    pitbull4x4 Posts: 35
    where's the pic's? :)
  • Mojo_666
    I don't have any :/

Might have a vid sometime soon tho....
  • Mojo_666
    Got some footage up to the point that the cameraman crashes.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/267895/
  • I've just bought me one of these, I can't wait now. It was reduced to £1580 on the Canyon site :shock: