Anyone else seen this?

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    It really is pretty sad. The problem is the anonymity that the web offers makes it so easy to indulge in fantasy - from the most common basement dwelling middle aged man posting as a young troubled lesbian to things that are ultimately far more evil and damaging.

I mean, for all you know, I might be a forty one year old family man with a beard like a gorse bush as opposed to the reality of my avatar....
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    SimonAH wrote:
    It really is pretty sad. The problem is the anonymity that the web offers makes it so easy to indulge in fantasy - from the most common basement dwelling middle aged man posting as a young troubled lesbian to things that are ultimately far more evil and damaging.

I mean, for all you know, I might be a forty one year old family man with a beard like a gorse bush as opposed to the reality of my avatar....

u mean your not a fag smoking hag?

well i'm disappointed

pretty shocking behaviour on the part fo the Anna chick - could the Police prosecute her for accepting gifts an donations off well wishes?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    While we're here, I'd like to confess that I am not actually a Border Collie.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    bompington wrote:
    While we're here, I'd like to confess that I am not actually a Border Collie.

I don't even have a bike...

Wow, that was cathartic. Couldn't live the lie any more.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Meeooww. Honest.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Wouldn't like to cast aspersions etc but there've been a couple of threads like this on BR recently with people pledging money etc...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Wouldn't like to cast aspersions etc but there've been a couple of threads like this on BR recently with people pledging money etc...

Therein lies the rub of course. Still, one cannot allow the minority to taint the majority - that would be the death of kindness and compassion.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Extralight
    Extralight Posts: 136
    I'm Brian, and so's my wife.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i'm going to admit it, im neither spasy or irish
  • I'm also neither a pachyderm, nor a secret agent. Phew. What a relief.

Used to frequent a football-related website, and there was one member on there who feigned her own death.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    The examples in that article are pretty extreme, but I discovered first hand a few years ago how web forums are absolutely littered with compulsive fibbers. Sadly, I've now come to the conclusion it's best to be a little sceptical.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Ok, I'll come clean. I'm actually a middle aged man from Grimsby. Well, someone has to.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    msmancunia wrote:
    Ok, I'll come clean. I'm actually a middle aged man from Grimsby. Well, someone has to.

That won't stop DDD from wanting to hump your leg.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    msmancunia wrote:
    We guessed, there are no girls on the internet.
    TOGTFO :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia wrote:

Well, it'd be something to do over the Bank Holiday weekend I suppose. I'll crack open the Veet for Men....
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    msmancunia wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Well, it'd be something to do over the Bank Holiday weekend I suppose. I'll crack open the Veet for Men....

i thought it was common knowledge that DDD gets his "awesomeness" from au natural women...rumour has it the hairier the better-er
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I saw it and thought nothing much more than 'so?'. People get swept up; they want something to hold onto maybe; not for me guess why or how really. But finding out that someone on the internet hasn't been entirely upfront about something is hardly earth shattering news. I mean - I have my doubts that our Kieran always wears a cape, or that DDD really is a white middle aged middle class stockbroker in Surrey , but it wouldn't be much of a surprise to discover that people I've never met or am unlikely to be troubled by aren't exactly how we know them here.

I'd like to state unequivocally that I did beat my hour record today though. Still chuffed to f about that.
  • msmancunia
    mudcow007 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

i thought it was common knowledge that DDD gets his "awesomeness" from au natural women...rumour has it the hairier the better-er

Not for me. I'm sure I read somewhere that he prefers the "plucked chicken" look.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Not for me. I'm sure I read somewhere that he prefers the "plucked chicken" look.
    Yikes! Don't start that again!!!
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Yes that crossed my mind also. I was wondering if we are going to get a "my story is true" post on the relevant threads.