Wrath Rob's Ride for Charity

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
As some of you may know I've been organising a charity ride for 6 of us to raise funds for the Royal Marsden hospital. My good friend Martin's 5 year old son Thomas was diagnosed with leukaemia shortly before Christmas this year, something that hit the family hard at possibly the worst time of the year.

The community around Thomas and his family have been fantastic, with the school and local church organising plenty of hands on support for the family in their time of need. This support has been great and has been a massive practical help, but it has left me and some of the other dad's at a loss as to how we could help out. After a beer fuelled "brain storming" session the brilliant (i.e. my brilliant) suggestion was made to raise money through a bike ride. Random numbers were plucked from the air, plans were made and the fruits of our labour will be a 150 mile ride to the coast and back on 23rd June.

Of course, riding 150 miles won't raise any money in itself, which is where hopefully you all come in. Please, please help the Royal Marsden continue to deliver the highest possible care and support to both people like Thomas and their families by taking the time to visit our Just Giving page and making a donation https://www.justgiving.com/smcc

I'll be thinking of you all as me and another keen cyclist help drag 4 unfit and unprepared friends down to Brighton and back. Its going to be emotional.

Thanks from me and in particular Thomas for all your donations.
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Cape cape cape cape cape cape cape.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Wot CP said.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Wrath Rob
    Cape? I'm lost...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'd just like to make it a condition of my sponsorship that you dress as a superhero complete with lustrous cape flowing behind you as you ride.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Wrath Rob
    Asprilla wrote:
    I'd just like to make it a condition of my sponsorship that you dress as a superhero complete with lustrous cape flowing behind you as you ride.

:lol:

That's actually not a bad idea. At least for some pictures. I wonder if the Royal Marsden have alarge flag we could use :?:
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    morphsuit ... with built in "particulate filter".... and breath... and chaffe..and breath... and chaffe ..and breath... and chaffe ..and breath... and chaffe
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    You already have loads of lycra. You're doing something super... so you only need a cape to make the outfit.

Though, for those amongst us who want to see you work, you'll also need to go quick enough to keep the cape flowing and avoid it getting tangled in your rear wheel.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    He'll just lash it up with an old coat hanger so it looks like he's moving when he isn't.