chainreaction delivery times

mikeouk
mikeouk Posts: 148
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
only ordered stuff off them twice, first time the item came super quick, i placed another order on monday night for a tyre and some tubes thinking id deffo get them for the weekend, but the order status is still showing as "processing". I went on the website to get their phone number but I cant find one, so emailed them yesterday and had no response.
Is this unusual for them?

Comments

• y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    I bought some tyres from them last Wednesday, knowing I needed them for the weekend. I paid the £5.99 for guaranteed next day delivery before 1pm, however they didn't arrive until Friday afternoon. They did send me a £10 voucher as an apology. Generally though, I've found them pretty quick.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    usually found CRC to be quite quick.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    I get mine delivered in 20minutes. :lol:

When was your order placed?
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Been waiting since last thursday for my order. All items were instock. I got sent an email on tuesday apologising for a "slight delay in processing my order" but it still hasnt been dispatched yet. I dont know if they are having computer problems or something?
    Im not too bothered as the items arent needed urgently, but it would still be nice to know what is going on.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Always had super speedy efficient service from them... Maybe something is amiss!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I placed on order on Friday night4pm, I've just had an email Monday morning 7am to say it's been dispatched.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    A few years ago they used to be reliably quick - I'd order in the morning, it would be dispatched in the afternoon and I'd have it the next morning.

Delivery times seem more variable these days, and things seem to get dispatched the following day rather than on the same day.

My last order took around 3 days to be dispatched. Everything was in stock when I ordered, the following day the SRAM power links were out of stock on their website so I dropped them an email to ask what was going on. Got a reply the next day saying if something is out of stock they send things as they come into stock. Everything arrived a couple of days later in separate packages, including the bits they didn't have in stock :roll:
  • mikeouk
    mikeouk Posts: 148
    i did get a reply from them on saturday (the 2nd)
    We are sorry to hear that your order has not arrived yet– we know how much of an inconvenience this can be. Royal Mail 1st Class is a very reliable service but delays can occur. Your order has been dispatched to you on 02/06/2012.

:? so, I checked the order status and it was still "processing". Got an email today saying items dispatched. Its going to be over a week and a half from placing the order to actually getting my stuff, I guess the queen is somewhat to blame, but still, not a great turn around.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Used many times. Quick, quick, quick. bit delayed, quick, quick. bit delayed, quick, quick, quick, quick, quick, quick, quick, slow, quick, slow, quick, quick. bit delayed, slow, lost, quick
  • joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    Mike, you have to be careful when ordering things from them.
    I ordered some things off there about 9 months ago and I got them soon enough but I had some problems with the card I ordered with after. There was a letter from the bank saying a few things that basically meant someone somewhere had tried to gain access to the credit on the card.
    I got the problem sorted but I googled Chain Reaction later on and a few results popped up for "chain reaction cycles scamming".
    Looks like they may have tried to get some money off the card.
    Just a word of warning, be careful.
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..