First 'proper' MTB - Cube Ltd Comp

JKD
JKD Posts: 33
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
After much thought and with the help of the very helpful people of this forum, I've finally took the plunge and sorted my first MTB since my Raleigh Max Ogre 15 all those years ago!

Came very close to getting a Voodoo Hoodoo but the day before I went to buy it, a mate told me about this bike.

Long story short, one look at it and I was sold. Would not believe it's a 2009 bike. Fantastic condition and has only really been used for a commute. A few cosmetic upgrades along with wider bars and shorter stem and it was good to go. Luckily the mate in question is a full on MTB head and works in Chain Reaction so he gave it a full strip and once over for me.

Quick photo for now to but I'm sure you're all familiar with them. :D

And yes, I know the tyres are the opposite way round to what seems conventional but I'll swap them round at a later stage :wink:

DSCF0693.jpg

Comments

• IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    I really like the way it looks with all that black as it's practically stealth like 8) but what size is it as it appears to look pretty small in the pic but it still looks a decent bit of kit so you'll have to let us know how you get on with it out on the trails lol .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • JKD

It's 18", fits well from the short ride on it so far.
  • JKD
    Thought I'd update with a few better pics and spec.

Changes made were:

Octane one grips
    NC17 STDII Pro pedals
    FUNN Fatboy Slim bars
    FUNN Stem (not sure which but shorter than stock)
    Pro-Lite San Leo saddle

Looking forward to tinkering over the next few months to get it exactly how I want with a bit of experience. First thing needs doing is swapping the tyres round and getting the front trued.

DSCF0707.jpg

DSCF0705.jpg

Had more pics but the light was worse than I thought :roll:

Thanks for looking at yet another Cube :)
  • mdre83
    mdre83 Posts: 29
    Very nice mate (thumbsup)
    I'm now looking at the LTD Pro (Grey and White) was previous thinking of getting the Acid.
  • Wobbit
    Wobbit Posts: 91
    Nice Cube mate! i have the 2011 model, great bikes!
    Neilpryde Alize - Kinesis 4S - Cube Ltd