Reverb hose routing

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Reverb finally arrived today, so just been in the garage and stuck her on the C456.
Don't like having baggy cables flapping around and had remembered reading somebodys thread who said they had wrapped the cable around the post.
Doesn't seem too bad, certainly a lot less baggy than just running straight down.

Anybody got any tips for a nice routing? Take it there's no reason not to do what i've done?

Other pics of decent routing would be good.

This is mine, looks neater / smaller loops in the flesh.

up
Wigan-20120531-00388.jpg

and down
Wigan-20120531-00389.jpg

Comments

• sam2391
    sam2391 Posts: 10
    Shorten the hose an run it straight looks like the hose might wear the "stantion" of the post once some dirt gets between it and the hose
  • DodgeT
    The hose doesn't actually move against the upper as it's mounted on it, it just moves down out of the way with it.

(I know this cause I thought the same thing at first, then when I checked the operation, it was fine.)

Although, thinking again, just moving around on the bike may cause this to happen... Might need a rethink :)
  • sam2391
    sam2391 Posts: 10
    If it was me I would shorten it theres a good set of bleed instructions here > http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Tech-Tuesd ... Lines.html
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    i shortened mine without bleeding. Its a relatively low pressure system, so if you are careful you prob dont need to bleed it afterwards. Shortening the hose is a piece of p*ss. Takes 10 mins.
  • DodgeT
    Borrowed some nice cutters from work, so will have a pop at it :)