Crank brothers wheels to fit a nukeproof..possible?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    For some people (most) vfm is top of the list. You have a different list.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    TBH in all your posts you just come accross as an irritable tw4t.
    And that's coming for someone with a reputation for being a grumpy irritable tw4t.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    For some people (most) vfm is top of the list. You have a different list.
    Not at all but its not very often i get to treat myself so might as well get something different from the masses

I really cant believe how this thread has gone, i asked a simple question but so many people feel the need to have a pop. Is the idea of a forum supposed to be for friendly advice when needed? This place gets more like single track every day
  • appy
    cooldad wrote:
    And that's coming for someone with a reputation for being a grumpy irritable tw4t.
    not really just wanted a simple answer to a simple question not peoples sarcy comments or opinions
  • appy
    leaflite wrote:
    did you get it from I thought it was a frame only? quote]

See link in OP.

If you want a nice, light, strong, colourful set of wheels, go for superstar/tune/dt swiss/american classic/similar hubs, supercomp or cx ray spokes and arch ex/flow/enve rims (depending on how much you want to spend)

A superstar/arch ex/cx ray build will be roughly 1600g and £3-400.
    A dt 240/american classic/tune build on flow rims can be as light as 1500g and stronger, but will be closer to £600
    Anything on enve rims will probably be better still but will also be stupidly expensive.

thanks
  • cooldad
    appy wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    not really just wanted a simple answer to a simple question not peoples sarcy comments or opinions
    All I want is a few weeks in the Bahamas with half a dozen hot supermodels, but it isn't going to happen neither.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    yeah but are those superstar wheels any good? i looked at them for my new build i putting together at the mo. as they are cheap compaired to others. but from researching they seem to get mixed reviews.. are they cheap for a reason.. in the end i decided to go for a dearer branded name wheel...

to the op.. you work hard for your money you spend it on what you want, if thats expensive bling for your bike and it makes you happy then go for it.. it's your money and your bike.. i personally would go for chris king though.. ubber expensive bling.
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Nothing wrong with pimping our rides, it's not all about function else it'd be fairly dull to look at. Everyone loves a bit of bike p0rn!

Have you looked at Industry Nine wheels?
    http://www.industrynine.net/
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    appy wrote:
    Not at all but its not very often i get to treat myself so might as well get something different from the masses

I completely understand this; However I'm sure you also enjoy riding your bike too, no?

Buying a product purely on aesthetics when many have warned you over reliability issues seems a touch daft to me. After all we'd all like to be set apart from the crowd, but personally I'd rather have something that is proven to work and is reliable; even if cost wasn't an issue.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774

Your simple question was answered right back at the start of the thread. No, they won't fit. People have just added to that by saying they are very poor wheels anyway. Other better wheels have been suggested or there are plenty of custom wheel builders who will build whatever you want.
    Now your responses are just asking for people to take the p1ss.
  • Woody80
    For the record my CB Iodine 3 wheels (standard fitment on my bike) are holding up really well and they've been subject to all kinds of filthy weather, bad landings, DH runs and 40 mile all day rides.

Am worried about bending a spoke mind! Especially in the Alps this summer as I'm pretty sure I won't get a spare off the shelf!
  • appy
    Torres wrote:
    appy wrote:

I completely understand this; However I'm sure you also enjoy riding your bike too, no?

Buying a product purely on aesthetics when many have warned you over reliability issues seems a touch daft to me. After all we'd all like to be set apart from the crowd, but personally I'd rather have something that is proven to work and is reliable; even if cost wasn't an issue.

True but surely cb wheels cant be that bad and if they are then surely thats where a decent warranty/shop comes in

Your simple question was answered right back at the start of the thread. No, they won't fit. People have just added to that by saying they are very poor wheels anyway. Other better wheels have been suggested or there are plenty of custom wheel builders who will build whatever you want.
    And your response is helpful in what way? Anyone with a helpful post ive thanked so jog on...
  • Woody80
    Did you take a look at Industry Nine? They do hub sizes to suit your Nukeproof.
  • appy
    Woody80 wrote:
    Did you take a look at Industry Nine? They do hub sizes to suit your Nukeproof.
    not properly yet but bookmarked the page for later, cheers for posting it up
  • cooldad
    appy wrote:

And your response is helpful in what way? Anyone with a helpful post ive thanked so jog on...
    Helpful in that if you stop being a d1ck people might be more likely to help you in future.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • appy
    thats rich coming from you, the people who have given a decent or helpful response get a normal response. knobs like you get the answer they deserve
    love how worked up you keyboard warriors get when someone has a different opinion on what should be done with THIER bike pmsl
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    HEY NOW woah woah woah!!

Appy calm down! just have a look at the tit your turning yourself into!

Yes some of the kids on here have a weird wit and way of putting things. Some are very short with their answers and seem like they're calling you a c@nt. They're not! That's the way internets forums are matie! I've been on a few and there's no worse than R/C car ones for knobheads with wanky attitudes!

Nobody on here is having a go mate, its just the way they come across from behind the keyboard! We're all cool kids here! Just thank feck your not in the roadie section with all the talk of cadence, doing 1,000,000 miles a day and saddles making yer c@ck go numb (thats dull as feck!!)

Right back to business, anything Crank Bros treat as it's about to self destruct at anytime. Not good.

Superstar, very very good!

But blinging wheels, what colours/colour combos you after?? maybe we could help you find summat nice. PS I know a few good ebay shops to save a few £££!!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • cooldad
    appy wrote:
    thats rich coming from you, the people who have given a decent or helpful response get a normal response. knobs like you get the answer they deserve
    love how worked up you keyboard warriors get when someone has a different opinion on what should be done with THIER bike pmsl
    Perhaps you should go back on the medication.

ps the first person you insulted in this thread was Nick, (possibly the most helpful person here along with SS), about his spelling. Does the word 'irony' mean anything to you? And the CAPS are yours.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • appy
    As this set of wheels will be for when i do xc stuff not the heavy stuff they dont have to be tough as such just round lol

Been looking at these but nobody on here seems to have any experiences of them

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=48388

Different without being to in your face

And yeah i know every site has its "ones"

But this threads been ridiculous, its like someone asking for advice on a golf and being told theyre shit get a bmw....pointless response if the op wants a golf not something like a golf lol
  • appy
    cooldad wrote:
    appy wrote:

ps the first person you insulted in this thread was Nick, (possibly the most helpful person here along with SS), about his spelling. Does the word 'irony' mean anything to you? And the CAPS are yours.

be honest Nicks first post wasnt really helpful was it? i asked if they would fit not what people think of them?
  • appy
    cooldad wrote:
    appy wrote:

Arse!! that will teach me to type whilst watching the footy
  • cooldad
    Read again - you asked a direct question, yes, or no. He gave you a specific answer, yes, that you were right. In his own words.
    Comprehension's not your strong point is it?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:
    Read again - you asked a direct question, yes, or no. He gave you a specific answer, yes, that you were right, and his opinion. In his own words.
    Comprehension's not your strong point is it?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Be bloody boring if every answer was yes or no.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    How about these wheels:
    prod_17692.jpg
    Come in a variety of colours, unusual spoke pattern.
  • appy
    And how am i going to fit my spoky-dokies to them?
    cooldad wrote:
    true but a little more constructive answer would of been nice

P.S. Quoting yourself? Using forums isnt you strong point is it? ;-)
  • appy
    Cooldad, serious question what do you think of the Azonics i posted?
  • Woody80
    How about these wheels:
    prod_17692.jpg
    Come in a variety of colours, unusual spoke pattern.

I might sell my Crank Brothers (as everyone seems to believe they are about to self destruct) and get me some of these hoops! Probably have a pile of change as well from my ridiculously overpriced wheels :oops:
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Appy, may I suggest something here..........

Get the nice looking rims, but buy the whole wheel as seperates so you get better hubs, and better spokes.

Gimme 10 mins ill have some linkys. I'm sure that you could find a decent wheel builder to build em up for ya, or maybe build them up yourself, or even I could do it for ya! (been practising me! LOL)
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • cooldad
    appy wrote:
    And how am i going to fit my spoky-dokies to them?
    cooldad wrote:
    true but a little more constructive answer would have been nice

P.S. Quoting yourself? Using forums isnt you strong point is it? ;-)
    I thought if you got the chance to read it twice it would aid comrehension.

The Azonics look ok - in black. (I don't know anything about them specifically, so can't offer any useful advice)
    What Steelie says is probably the option I would look at if I was spending that sort of money.
    (And Steelie making any sort of sense is a first)
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools