Axle help

apple eater
apple eater Posts: 302
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I discovered last night that the rear axle is slightly bent. The axle itself is a hollow threaded tube from end to end with no mouldings. It is a straight through the hub kind of axle and secured with a quick release skewer

I haven't got the hub make to hand at present.

Can someone give me an idea of the replacement, i've looked on chain reaction but can't see what i need.
I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!

Comments

• delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    with out part names it hard to say..
    shimano,
    hope
    formula
    dt swiss
    sunringle
    to name a few.. if we are to help you then we need the information to go off...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    standard threaded axel?

many many out there a standard LBS part with cones and bearings so service at the same time as it is in bits.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I discovered last night that the rear axle is slightly bent. The axle itself is a hollow threaded tube from end to end with no mouldings. It is a straight through the hub kind of axle and secured with a quick release skewer

I haven't got the hub make to hand at present.

Can someone give me an idea of the replacement, i've looked on chain reaction but can't see what i need.
    Without knowing what the hub is, no, we can't.
    Your best bet might be to email some daytime TV psychic.
  • apple eater
    Standard threaded axle, absolutely!!

Called the bike shop and lo and behold he had them in stock, cheap and cheerful. I didn't even need top contact the tv psychics either :roll:
    I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    If you'd have actually given the full model ect I bet you could have got a whole hub with spare poss a free hub for less than you've paid for the axel.
  • apple eater
    If you'd have actually given the full model ect I bet you could have got a whole hub with spare poss a free hub for less than you've paid for the axel.

An axle at £6.99 or a whole hub for cheaper. i think people need to read a post more clearly, get down from the high horse and think about what they write :wink: