Finger injury!!!

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited June 2012 in Health, fitness & training
Hello :D

We rode up and down Snowdon over a month ago and since then I have had a rather dodgy looking swollen up finger joint!! It's on my right hand ring finger, the joint nearest my hand. The swelling has gone down a bit, and it's not so green / purple looking, but it's still noticeable :?

I'm unsure what to do as I didn't have any off's (although it's possible I bashed it in the whole 'dragging a bike up to the top of Snowdon' process), and it doesn't usually hurt. It hurts if I accidentally bang it, and puting riding gloves on is uncomfortable, but that's it.

Any ideas? I can almost convince myself that I can feel a lump that shouldn't be there on the top of the joint, but that could just be a vivid imagination! I'm also a bit unsure of what to do as i'm going the Megavalanche in a 6 weeks time, so I don't want to to make the situation worse (at the moment I can grip the bars and ride fine).

Any ideas guys? I know it's a ridiculous injury, but it's starting to worry me a bit :?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    See a doc, especially if you are going to the Mega. You have time to fix it or make it better.

You dont want to find out that your grip has gone whilst melting it down a big hill...
  • miss notax
    Hmm, yes, I think it's getting to the crunch 'do something about it or not' time :(

What a bloody ridiculous thing to go to the Doctors about. A slightly dodgy finger :roll:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    miss notax wrote:
    Hmm, yes, I think it's getting to the crunch 'do something about it or not' time :(

What a bloody ridiculous thing to go to the Doctors about. A slightly dodgy finger :roll:
    Docs are fine with it. The more serious issues are generally the ones where you are taken to A&E in an ambulance.
    Minor isues are bread and butter to GPs.
  • miss notax
    Well, thanks for the advice all! Dragged myself to see the Nurse this morning, which turned into seeing my GP which turned into an x-ray on my dodgy finger :?

They reckon it might be fractured or possibly some kind of weird soft-tissue injury - if it's fractured they are confident there won't be any treatment as I have full movement and did it 5 weeks ago anyway, and i'm fine to carry on biking etc as I have been.

Anyway, I was really impressed with how helpful they were and totally understanding about my reservations about treatment that would interfere with the Mega (and were wishing me good luck)!! :lol: