2 hand 2010/11 Boardman Team Carbon or new Canyon Roadlite 6

benkxk
benkxk Posts: 151
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
Hey guys,

Due to money constraints I've had to cut my budget back to about the price of the roadlite.

However, my friend in work also has a 2nd hand 2010 Boardman Team Carbon with SRAM Rival. Which I am trying out today.
He's selling it for £700, compared to the £809 (off the top of my head) of the roadlite with new 105 throughout

However, my only real niggle is that it is a 2010 model, so 1 or 2 generations behind... has the 2012/2011 Rival changed considerally since the 2010?

The bike has only been ridden about 5 times due to weather (summer bike) so this means bike is nearly new and looks in tip top condition!

What would you do?!

Thanks

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Go for the boardman and buy some decent wheels/tyres for it.
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    Boardman for definite - the whole 'last generation' thing is largely irrelevant except maybe on the very top end frames. In fact, bikes from a few years ago are often slightly better spec'd for the comparable new money as parts gradually become more expensive.
  • benkxk
    benkxk Posts: 151
    Thanks guy. Leaning towards the boardman now.

Just a quick question, do you know how much weight they can take? I'm average about 105kg (6"2) and with a carbon frame im not sure how much they can take?

Thanks