Which GPS Watch

rowlers
rowlers Posts: 1,614
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
Bday soon and thinking about a GPS watch, currently use my HTC Desire, but battery goes quickly whilst tracking and prefer to keep some juice in phone for emergencies....
Like the look of the Garmin Forerunner 410, and at £140 on amazon it looks like a steal, but before I go for this I thought I'd ask if there are any comparable alternative, reviews of the forerunner 410 would also be good!

thanks

Comments

• 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    it may not display speed in kph, but a running metric like mins/mile.
  • rowlers
    16mm wrote:
    it may not display speed in kph, but a running metric like mins/mile.
    Ahhh good point - I'll look into it...
  • rowlers
    Manual says mph or kph...
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    the missus has a garmin forerunner 310 xt and it gives excelent data, it'll connect to ant+ devices and uploads to your pc via a dongle.

there is a newer version out now though, i think it's the 910xt, bit smaller and longer battery.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=90671
  • pmannion9
    pmannion9 Posts: 280
    +1 for Forerunner 310XT.
    Same as garmin Edge 500 but can be used for swimming nad running. Cant fault it...
    Ifi had moeny probably get the new 910 though....
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I have a 405 - very configurable to display loads of different data at 3 bits of data per screen. It's a great gadget and goes on whichever bike I'm riding or whenever I'm running. (So mph on one screen and minutes / mile on another as I've set mine up.)

There is a flaw which is the touch sensitive bezel used to navigate through the screens. Bloody nuisance when it gets wet or sweat covered. For that reason I'd go for the redesigned 410 or the 305.
  • rowlers
    Cheers folks good feedback. Looks like ill stick with the 410 then.