Brendan rodgers

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Well it looks like lfc have offered brendan rodgers the anfield vacancy :shock:
Lets hope he can improve on 8th in premier league.
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    oh lord no - has this been made official?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Well, he has a class surname even if the Anfield experience doesnt work out! :-)
  • markyone
    oh lord no - has this been made official?
    Thats what i thought,but it looks almost certain :(
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,386
    Done deal!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Cue Liverpool fans complaining that they haven't got Pep Guardiola in 5..4..3..2..1..
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Rodgers hears he's got the job.

Brendan-Rodgers-Roberto-Martinez-Wigan-v-Swan_2766953.jpg
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Brian May and Roger Taylor are hoping to appoint a replacement soon....oh hang on!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    johnfinch wrote:
    Cue Liverpool fans complaining that they haven't got Pep Guardiola in 5..4..3..2..1..

Not this one (although I hardly count as a supporter these days as I've lost interest in top level football). I think Brendan will be good for the club providing he is allowed to manage, my big concern is that Martinez was possibly put off by likely interference from above. I have one very p***ed off Jack colleague!
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    LFC need to wake up if they think they're going to get Pep. LFC no longer eat at the big table and haven't done for a long time now. Worst thing they did was sack Benitez.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Wonder where this leaves Martinez now, seeing as Paul Lambert is likely to move from Carrow Road to take the Villa job?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    The bets shorten on the first sacking of the 2012/13 season then......
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    If he's in charge of football affairs at the club then it's not a bad appointment - as has been said they aren't in a position to attract the real top names in world football and I'd rather have a manager with experience of the English league than not.

If he's going to be working with someone else's signings then it doesn't matter who it is it wont work.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • beverick
    If he's going to be working with someone else's signings then it doesn't matter who it is it wont work.

I don't understand your comment. He'll have the majority of KD's sqaud to play with net of a few ins and outs. The squad, of course, includes many of Rapha's players, a few of Houillier's and, in Gerrard and Carragher, players from Roy Evans' era.

He isn't going to be able to go out and buy a complete squad between now and 17th of August is he?

Mind you, if he does, and considering Rapha plundered Spain, Wenger - France and Mourinho - Portugal we'd best see what the squads at Glentoran and Coleraine look like......

Bob
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    beverick wrote:

Roy Hodgson? <ducks and runs>

;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • beverick
    beverick wrote:

Roy Hodgson? <ducks and runs>

;)

David

Nah, the Euro's fininsh in July so he'll have gone before the 12/13 season starts.

Bob
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    beverick wrote:

I don't understand your comment. He'll have the majority of KD's sqaud to play with net of a few ins and outs. The squad, of course, includes many of Rapha's players, a few of Houillier's and, in Gerrard and Carragher, players from Roy Evans' era.

He isn't going to be able to go out and buy a complete squad between now and 17th of August is he?

Mind you, if he does, and considering Rapha plundered Spain, Wenger - France and Mourinho - Portugal we'd best see what the squads at Glentoran and Coleraine look like......

Bob

Wrong end of the stick I believe. Is BR getting full control over footballing matters including signings or will he have a Director of Football who oversees signings. Its a system that works well in Baseball for Fenway but some believe that it is flawed when used in football.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    izza wrote:
    beverick wrote:

Bob

Wrong end of the stick I believe. Is BR getting full control over footballing matters including signings or will he have a Director of Football who oversees signings. Its a system that works well in Baseball for Fenway but the English Old School believe that it is flawed when used in football.

Corrected that for you. Seems to work well enough for all the continental sides..............(oh, and has done fine for Chelski over the years etc.etc.)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I think it's a bit of a myth that all continental sides have a coach and then someone else buying the players. As for Chelsea - well did the manager really want Shevchenko at the time, or Torres ? If you pick the team then isn't it best you buy the players to fit the system. Someone to negotiate contracts etc etc great - no reason for a manager to do that - if it starts moving into selection of players then I can' t see the logic.

I don't think Chelsea are a great example as relative to the amount of money they've chucked at it their league form hasn't been that great since Mourinho left - the Champs League win was a great achievement but even that was very much an underdogs performance - play either of the Barcelona or Bayern ties again and 4 times out of 5 Chelsea would lose them.

If you look at English football is there any doubt about who chooses the players at Man Utd - they don't seem to have done too badly.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    dalglish must be livid - :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • markyone
    He needs top four next season,if he dont will fenway sports give him time or not?
    I dont think so.
  • markyone
    I think he will find it hard,lets hope i am wrong.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I for one, couldn't care less.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    dalglish must be livid - :cry:

He'll be fine, I hear he's got some work with Sky. Puts his first dish up next week.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Brendan Rodgers in the 21st Century?!?

beedeebeedeebeep...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    The thing with giving the manager control over all footballing matters is that the buck then stops with him. It's harsh sacking a manager for results when he has had to use players someone else has insisted on buying and yet we don't here much about directors of football getting sacked. It's like management insisting you use a particular type of computer for your job and then sacking you when your performance drops because it the computer doesn't work properly.