Norco Sight 2

miloeso
miloeso Posts: 14
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Has anyone ridden the norco sight 2? I am looking at this along with the zesty 214 and orange 5 and just wanted some feedback from owners etc.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    A mate has just got one, I did several miles on it at the weekend. Very nice bike. I would actually say it's nicer than Giant Trance X2 I test rode. Great value.
    I'm oing to order a Norco Aurum 1 this week :-)
  • miloeso
    miloeso Posts: 14
    The Aurum 1 looks a sweet bike! A bit out of my league thought....but enjoy it!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You won't regret buying the Sight. My mate loves his, he test rode loads of bikes before buying the Sight and said that for the money it was by far the best.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Back when I worked at a norco stockist in the pre-evans days, they made some great bikes, but had a few areas that could be improved, namely spec for money and a few tiny tweaks to geometry. Well these seem to have been sorted now and although I haven't ridden one yet, I'd love to have a go on one and if I still worked there, I'd have one in a flash
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Not sure about UK pricing but in Canada for the money they tend to be a tad underspecced still.

That said this years range of bikes look great and the sight looks a good choice - I checked one out on a display day last summer and the fit and positioning felt good albeit that I just sat on one in a bike rack (no demo allowed). Had a ride on an Aurum (indoors!) the other day and it was really nice - felt very light for a DH bike.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.