Cyclopark Kent

MonkFunk
MonkFunk Posts: 91
edited June 2012 in Routes
Just heard that this place has opened in Kent

http://www.cyclopark.com/home/attractio ... rrain.aspx

Has a 6km purpose built MTB trail. Wondered if anyone had been?

Comments

• Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    We (Ashford Wheelers), along with several other local clubs, were invited to a preview a while back (Feb I think) - the place then was a building site but starting to look good.

I didn't do the MTB course but a few of our guys did and enjoyed it. The road track is quite fun, very elongated but some nice bends and a slope :)
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Will be going sometime in June, hoping for good things but not overly optimistic!
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    It was supposed to be open in time for the Olympics. Unfortunately they missed the boat, got delayed and couldn't promise that it would be available so lost out!!
  • Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Went this morning and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously it's a fairly flat piece of land but I think they've done about the best they could with it. There's an entertaining downhill bit with bermed corners and small jumps, and several loops so you can ride whichever bits you fancy, with blue, red and black sections on offer.

What really surprised me though was just how black the black sections are. Properly black, as far as the skill level required to clean them goes. Honestly, it is harder than anything I've ridden at CYB or Afan (although I've not done the black routes at CYB) or Glentress. Probably on a par or just below the optional black rock garden sections at Innerleithen.

The red sections are OK too, with a few challenging sections. The Blue should be OK for everyone and there's the road track as well.

Anyone who's been to Bedgebury and scoffed at their 'black' section should have a go at this (it's cheaper, too, £3.50 for two hours, although we got 2.5 hours for some reason). In the two hours your can ride each bit several times, so there's not that much to ride, but I don't know of anywhere else in the south east where you can ride this sort of stuff.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • Holyzeus
    Holyzeus Posts: 354
    Nice one, been putting off going there as i only get one chance a week to ride.
    Will give it a go now
    Nicolai CC
  • Chewbag
    Chewbag Posts: 8
    Shackster wrote:
    Went this morning and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously it's a fairly flat piece of land but I think they've done about the best they could with it. There's an entertaining downhill bit with bermed corners and small jumps, and several loops so you can ride whichever bits you fancy, with blue, red and black sections on offer.

What really surprised me though was just how black the black sections are. Properly black, as far as the skill level required to clean them goes. Honestly, it is harder than anything I've ridden at CYB or Afan (although I've not done the black routes at CYB) or Glentress. Probably on a par or just below the optional black rock garden sections at Innerleithen.

The red sections are OK too, with a few challenging sections. The Blue should be OK for everyone and there's the road track as well.

Anyone who's been to Bedgebury and scoffed at their 'black' section should have a go at this (it's cheaper, too, £3.50 for two hours, although we got 2.5 hours for some reason). In the two hours your can ride each bit several times, so there's not that much to ride, but I don't know of anywhere else in the south east where you can ride this sort of stuff.

Have to admit for me being a a newbie to MTB having cyclopark pretty much down the road for me is handy in helping me building up my confidence and skills. I've been a few times now and every time I've pretty much had the place to myself. In the two hours can easily do quite a few circuits of the park. Not a fan of the last rock you have to get over climbing the circular mound to start that downhill bit! Its taken me down a few times..
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    I've been a few times now living 20min from it, it's the closest/best thing I have. Red route is about 2 miles long, doesn't seem like much, but after a few laps you'll be feeling it, quite techy, and the black sections are quite tricky, stacked it once onto a nice sized rock >:( You just gotta watch out for people going the wrong way/Mum's pushing prams on the red route/slow kids...numpties basically.
    Sucks that the road track is slow close to it though, I've created a red route segment, but the pesky road riders are logging as have done it while sticking to their road course!