LeDomestique Tours experience

BruceyboyNotts
BruceyboyNotts Posts: 43
edited June 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi guys,

Before anyone says anything I don’t work for them, I’m not related to them, and I’m not on commission! :D

However….. I just wanted to share my experience of using Ledomestique tours last week and hope it’s useful for anyone thinking of planning a trip in either the Pyrenees or the Alps.

A small group of us booked late last year for an Etape Training camp this year (although none of us are doing the Etape!) and from booking to arrival I have to say the process was really smooth and the communication was just at the right level and frequency. On arrival they picked us and our bikes up from the airport, provided us with a lunch for the journey and took us to our accommodation in the Pyrenees. The accommodation was fantastic, rooms we’re clean, bikes we’re securely stored and the location was great – near enough bars and shops should you wish to wander at night :wink:

The biggest positive was the really warm welcome from Rob and Laura. You can tell they are both really enthusiastic about their work and they are doing it because they love it! As we opted for the guided tour Rob accompanied us every day, and without him I don’t think we would have managed to get around so many of the famous Col’s in the area. It was also really good to have an insight into the climbs before you started them so you knew what to expect - although they we’re all painful to some degree or another! Rob was extremely flexible and acommodating as well. For example, the Tourmalet was closed 4km from the top due to snow, which meant our route over was blocked. As this was the direct route home it meant if we climbed it we would have to retrace our steps adding around 2 hours onto our return journey making it a very late finish. He could easily have not let us climb it, but he knew how iconic it was for us to have a go!

In addition its small things like them supplying nutrition products, stocking essential bike spares, having a stock of tools & taking excellent photos and providing them to us for free. A special mention must also go to Laura for the food – it was excellent with huge portion sizes, and just what was needed after a long day in the saddle.

Overall I cant recommend them enough. Like I say, I don’t work for them, but when you experience great customer service I think it’s good to pass on to others who might also benefit.

Cheers, Andy!

Comments