Kinetic-one wheels

vectra0
vectra0 Posts: 128
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
Does anybody know anything about their wheels?? anygood? or just cheap crap?
They seem to have good prices...
thanks guys

http://shop.kinetic-two.co.uk/aero-wheels-1-c.asp

Comments

• Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    I have a set of the £195 ones. Much better than the stock wheels that came with my bike and they run really smoothly. I havent tried other wheelsets but these are good enough for me. I commute, train and ride TTs on them.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Heavy.
    More problems but still living....
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    Yes, they are very heavy, as many deep section alloy rims are. If you want light aero rims, you need to look at the American Classics, but they are way more expensive.
    Alternatively a reasonably light set with Halo Mercury can be bought as such (around 250 pounds) or custom built within reasonable budget (but not 150 quid). PM me if interested in the latter option
    left the forum March 2023
  • vectra0
    I was looking at the k1 aero lite.... £350 -1500g...
    not bad i was thinking
  • ugo.santalucia
    vectra0 wrote:
    I was looking at the k1 aero lite.... £350 -1500g...
    not bad i was thinking

No idea...
    I find the comparative advert a bit unprofessional for a manufacturer... between me and you on a forum we can say what we like, but would I state that my wheels are better and cheaper than the Mavic on the company website? Not sure
  • vectra0
    My thoughts also.
    However, if you are trying to break into a very demanding market. Would you dare lie about such a claim...
  • ugo.santalucia
    vectra0 wrote:
    My thoughts also.
    However, if you are trying to break into a very demanding market. Would you dare lie about such a claim...

I would have preferred them to explain more about the wheels and how they manage to get them lighter, rather than comparing with a well established products with no grounds... that's my view
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I purchased a pair of these a while back (nearly 2 yrs ago) and have used them for training and also a Cardiff to Paris trip. They have remained true and have been used all through winter without Ny problems.

Would I buy again .... Probably not now given I have started to build my own wheels and slowly getting the knack of it ... I'm blaming you Paulo for my now found wheel building addiction.

The wheels are heavy yes and are thy as good or better then aksiums .... Without some sort of test I couldn't say.