too many go pro's!

Scratch n soda
Scratch n soda Posts: 52
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi there,

I've made my mind up and i'm buying a go pro. How ever which one do i need!??! i do bike park stuff and DH so it needs to clip onto a helmet/chest harness. There are so many models i'm spoilt for choice! Budget isn't an issue and i was looking at the hd hero 2 but i notice is come is different varieties!?! Also any go pro users, reviews/thought would be much aprreicated!

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    The actual camera is the same whichever you go for. But commonly people buy it and use the chest mount which is bough seperately.
  • so i may as well go for the hd hero 2? no point me going for helmet hero?
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    I believe the Helmet hero 2 is just a Go pro Hero 2 with helmet accessories as opposed to the Motorsport version which as accessories to attach to cars etc. I could be wrong though.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    lugsey2k5 wrote:
    I believe the Helmet hero 2 is just a Go pro Hero 2 with helmet accessories as opposed to the Motorsport version which as accessories to attach to cars etc. I could be wrong though.

Correct
  • Cheers guys, I am making the right desicion by going with go pro? And the hd heron2 is worth the extra money than the he hero1?
  • I notice that the helmet hero is 50 quid cheaper and it uses 1080p...so why is the hd hero 2 50 quid more? What else do you get?!
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    The Hero 2 new a newer camera, The helmet kits will be the same, the new hero2 has a much nicer display giving alot more useful information, there are also different frame rates to the camera but the main bit i noticed was the improved display.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I have the original Hero and can tell the difference in film quality vs the HD Hero 2.

A film I made with mine here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9HK2G5n0nU - the picture is a bit grainy I find and not as crisp as the HD kicks out. Wish I had waited the couple of months between the 1 and 2 coming out and bought the better version.

The actual kit/option you buy - go for the Helmet HD Hero2 and buy optional chest harness thing to go with it - helmet hero gives you the vented helmet strap. You may also want to buy the handlebar/tube mount clip too.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • thanks for all the help.. definately food for thought :)