Should Sweden have won....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
So, a number 1 song, in several countries, wins Eurovision...with a Ninja Kate Bush.

What happened to Engelbert?

In reality, we beat Norway 1-0 in the footie, then beat them in Eurovision - just, does this count as 'the Euro double'?

Comments

• If performance in Eurovision and the European Championships are linked, the England players should book their holidays now.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    To me a 'Null Point' last place is the only honourable UK score from Eurovision!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I think the songs should be heard first in the competion.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Eurovision is a really big thing in Sweden, they all take it very seriously. When Swedes come to visit us, they're appalled at the generally disrespectful attitude Brits have to this great competition.

They get properly upset about the dodgy voting too...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    nicklouse wrote:
    I think the songs should be heard first in the competion.

Funny, because I think they're best not heard at all! :lol:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TGOTB wrote:
    Eurovision is a really big thing in Sweden, they all take it very seriously. When Swedes come to visit us, they're appalled at the generally disrespectful attitude Brits have to this great competition.

They get properly upset about the dodgy voting too...
    tell me I lived there for 11 years.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Who was that woman that Sweden got to read out there results, she was the best thing on the show, funny as feck
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Some Swedish comedienne apparently. Learn't Engilsh from our reality TV shows.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • SmellTheGlove
    SmellTheGlove Posts: 697
    Paul E wrote:
    Who was that woman that Sweden got to read out there results, she was the best thing on the show, funny as feck
    +100 for the Swedish Margery Dawes. If s/he's presenting next year it'll be a must-see.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Well, some swedes take eurovision very seriously. The rest of us just turn all tvs and radios for a week or so. The agony....