Transition Bandit and On One Inbred

lostboysaint
lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Two bikes, both of which I love for different reasons. The Bandit is the best allround mountain bike I've ever ridden, overtook the Yeti 575 and ASR5 in my affections and the Zesty which was was going to replace them. If you want an allrounder and are looking in the 120-150mm category you really, really should try one out.

Since the last round of photos this has had FSA cranks, Crank Brothers Mallets, Crank Brothers carbon bars and a Reverb all added. It will stay like this (but on summer rubber) for a while.

7293776940_ef010191b8_z.jpg

The On One is a bit of bargain bin/existing parts special and a lovely old mongrel as a result. Marzocchi Bombers from 2001, deore brakes and hubs, EN521 rims, ancient but still excellent Schwalbe Big Jim tyres, cheap seat post, SLX shifter driving an ancient XT rear mech, Middleburn 34t front ring, s/h Truvativ Stylo cranks, Superstar top guide, Easton EA50 bars, Yeti lock ons. Oh and of course a Spoon :)

7293720494_06b1699cbe_z.jpg
Trail fun - Transition Bandit
Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
Allround - Cotic Solaris

Comments

• hi there, nice wheels.

what size bandit and inbred you got there? and how tall are you?

cheers,
  • lostboysaint
    Bandit is XL

Inbred is 20"

I'm 6'4"
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • nice pair of bikes there fella, rear brake cable looks tight though on the transition???
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • lostboysaint
    nice pair of bikes there fella, rear brake cable looks tight though on the transition???

Trick of the angle, it's fine. And it's a braided hose.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Both look good.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice pair of bikes. I've always liked the look of the bandit, one of the guys in my LBS had one until recently though and really didn't rate it, just said it didn't feel right to him. Each to their own though I guess, he's riding a trek slash now.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lostboysaint
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Nice pair of bikes. I've always liked the look of the bandit, one of the guys in my LBS had one until recently though and really didn't rate it, just said it didn't feel right to him. Each to their own though I guess, he's riding a trek slash now.

Thanks.

Hmmm, one's a 130mm travel the other 160mm! Perhaps he was looking for the Bandit to do what the Covert does for Transition then?!

I looked long and hard at the Covert and a few others, rode a LOT of 120-140mm travel bikes and the Bandit worked for me, so I got it. I had previously been a Yeti fan (still have an ASR-SL) but the ASR5 and 575 didn't measure up.

The only issue I have with it and I am assured that it's now sorted is that the paint is a bit "soft" so there's a few scars where I wouldn't expect them and never got them on other bikes. Otherwise it's the dogs!
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Maybe, he did have it set up pretty hardcore, but then the geometry suggests a more aggressive ride. As long as you enjoy it though that's all that matters :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5