Windows 7 doesn't boot.

max888
max888 Posts: 206
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
I very stupidly managed to shut down my laptop (running Windows 7 Home Premium x64) while it was doing system updates. Its an Acer Aspire 5738Z and now Windows doesn't load.

I get to the pulsing Window logo and just stays there. Startup repair doesn't seem to be doing anything but I'll leave it overnight.

I don't have any disks for the OS as it was loaded OEM. I can't create a system repair disk because I can't use the damn thing and my other Win7 machine is running x86 Ultimate. I don't really know what else to do...apart from breaking out the hammer! :evil:

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Comments

• CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    Have you tried booting in Safe mode (hit f8 before the windows logo appears)?
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    I can do you a copy of my oem windows disc if you want?? Just whck it in the cd drive and boot off it, it will repair itself usually. And youve already got a license key with your computer so its all legit. Pm me if you wanna do it that way

Kev
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    can you not do a system restore to earlier than you were doing updates?

hit F8 as the machine starts, go into safe mode system restore

simples
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • max888
    So it did nothing overnight and I have now attempted to boot it in safe mode, however it has been hung up on "loading Windows drivers" for about 20mins. I'll leave it again and see what happens. If that does't work I'll try to boot it from "last known good settings" or system restore. I have a feeling though that some of the system files were damaged when it shut down.

Max.
  • max888
    steelie600 wrote:
    I can do you a copy of my oem windows disc if you want?? Just whck it in the cd drive and boot off it, it will repair itself usually. And youve already got a license key with your computer so its all legit. Pm me if you wanna do it that way

Kev

You have PM.

Max.