Tour build up

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Dario Cataldo, Sylvain Chavanel, Gerald Ciolek, Dries Devenyns, Kevin De Weert, Bert Grabsch, Levi Leipheimer, Tony Martin, Jerome Pineau, Gert Steegmans, Matteo Trentin, Stijn Vandenbergh, Peter Velits

D.S.: Davide Bramati, Brian Holm, Wilfried Peeters

who is team leader? Leipheimer or Velits? I'd prefer the latter.
  • arnuf
    arnuf Posts: 98
    Ah Boonen's not riding the Tour.

Too bad. If he'd win the third stage it would have been Boonen winning in Bonen.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Dario Cataldo, Sylvain Chavanel, Gerald Ciolek, Dries Devenyns, Kevin De Weert, Bert Grabsch, Levi Leipheimer, Tony Martin, Jerome Pineau, Gert Steegmans, Matteo Trentin, Stijn Vandenbergh, Peter Velits

Leipheimer has said it'll be both him and Velits targeting GC. Reckon they've both got a decent shout of a top ten finish, despite Velits looking poor in Suisse atm. He'll come good - think it's his time for a good Tour. Levi is looking fine after such a bad injury - he was saying his leg muscles atrophied after his fracture.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    arnuf wrote:
    Ah Boonen's not riding the Tour.

Too bad. If he'd win the third stage it would have been Boonen winning in Bonen.

Outstanding. Totally missed that.

*thumbs up*
  • rick_chasey

Leipheimer has said it'll be both him and Velits targeting GC. Reckon they've both got a decent shout of a top ten finish, despite Velits looking poor in Suisse atm. He'll come good - think it's his time for a good Tour. Levi is looking fine after such a bad injury - he was saying his leg muscles atrophied after his fracture.

Bet they're gutted there's no TTT this year.

BTW: Stijn Vandenbergh - unsung domestique of the season.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Anyone want to talk about doping? That Wiggins eh? Dooooodgy!!

:P

(not a serious post!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    ddraver wrote:
    Anyone want to talk about doping? That Wiggins eh? Dooooodgy!!

:P

(not a serious post!)

And that Andy Schleck, he just sucks so much!
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Cataldo and Trettin did the Giro and are in Switzerland, so I'd put a question mark against them.

I think having two to target the GC might be the way to go against Sky, especially if your second man can get some time advantage in a breakaway before the Pyrenees. There are other teams which should be able to choose a team which has two riders to target the GC too, using the same idea.

Not that I think Leipheimer will be a big threat and Velits only if he shows a radical form change. Perhaps they should have left Cataldo out of Switzerland.
  • rick_chasey
    Climbs+of+the+Tour+De+France+2012.png
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Tour de France route has been changed. Here is the new route in full:

PROFIL.jpg
  • ddraver
    Climbs+of+the+Tour+De+France+2012.png

I like that - Something like that would look good on my wall...
    - @ddraver
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    that cog would look good on a T Shirt if you could get the definition on the text
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,513
    Does anyone know if Cobo is riding the tour and what he has been up to recently?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Down for Tour and Vuelta as far as I am aware. Got shelled on the climbs in le Dauphine.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Tour de France route has been changed. Here is the new route in full:

PROFIL.jpg

And some people asked why Sky would want to meet ASO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Herman.
    Herman. Posts: 2
    Hi

I am staying just outisde Lourdes during the tour, and I will see three stages. It is my first time to see the tour, and I am very exited, but I have some questions. I am going to see the tour on tourmalet, but i am not shore if I will be aible to Get a bike to cycle it. How Early do you Think I have to start on the morning to walk up the climb and get a good spot near the top? And the same with peyragudes the NeXT day? Can you drive and park near the climb?

And a last question, where would you watch the tour on the stage Samatan-Pau? On one of the small climbs or at the finish?

Thanks a lot for your answers and tips!
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Come on AFX get the PTP rigged up... i'm raring to go!
  • Herman.
    Herman. Posts: 2
    Herman. wrote:
    Hi

I am staying just outisde Lourdes during the tour, and I will see three stages. It is my first time to see the tour, and I am very exited, but I have some questions. I am going to see the tour on tourmalet, but i am not shore if I will be aible to Get a bike to cycle it. How Early do you Think I have to start on the morning to walk up the climb and get a good spot near the top? And the same with peyragudes the NeXT day? Can you drive and park near the climb?

And a last question, where would you watch the tour on the stage Samatan-Pau? On one of the small climbs or at the finish?

• rick_chasey
    Herman. wrote:
    Herman. wrote:
    Hi

Put it in a new thread.

You'll get better traction then.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Herman. wrote:
    Hi

Think of a reasonable time before the race is scheduled to pass, then aim to get there about 4 hours earlier than that. The gendarmes are a nightmare, its one of the most frustrating things having to push your bike up an HC climb when the roads are empty and closed, destroying your cleats in the process and ultimately having to stop before the top because you have run out of time / lost the will to live. Best plan would be to access the climb from a direction that isn't on the actual route of course, but be aware roads close a lot earlier than you would expect.
  • frenchfighter
    “My peak form is over, I cannot ride with the topmost and do not want to be the leader of the team,” Frank Schleck told Het Nieuwsblad. “If the results are looked at, there will be criticism of me and I do not want that. I am not a machine and can not always be first rate.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    “My peak form is over, I cannot ride with the topmost and do not want to be the leader of the team,” Frank Schleck told Het Nieuwsblad. “If the results are looked at, there will be criticism of me and I do not want that. I am not a machine and can not always be first rate.”

That's too easy, I'm not going to even go there lol
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Sagan is odds on for the points with British bookies, that's crazy. Twiggo is 13/10 which is also crazy. Young rider could be interesting though. Fancy Taaramae if he had a half decent team, though I'm lead to believe they may start splashing some cash.
  • rick_chasey
    pat1cp wrote:
    Sagan is odds on for the points with British bookies, that's crazy. Twiggo is 13/10 which is also crazy. Young rider could be interesting though. Fancy Taaramae if he had a half decent team, though I'm lead to believe they may start splashing some cash.

I imagine that's more to do wth the amount of money riding on them rather than theier likelihood in this instance.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
  • frenchfighter
    preview-ttbike.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    pat1cp wrote:

I imagine that's more to do wth the amount of money riding on them rather than theier likelihood in this instance.

Yeah, I suspect that the UK MAMIL's are betting in force this year...I don't know any long term procycling fans that think it's that cut and dried. My head is still saying evans by a cheeky attack somewhere or by not getting left behind a split type thing...
    - @ddraver
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    preview-ttbike.jpg
    Nice Gazelle's Bradley.
  • sonny73
  • sonny73
    524209_388385487877503_1512940310_n.jpg