First strava trip

kaptainscoot
kaptainscoot Posts: 30
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
My first Strava trip my 2nd ride total first ride was same route but this past time i went around twice and i loved every bit of the ride.

http://app.strava.com/rides/9503122

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    With a straight road network like that, you've little choice but to have a go at.. http://grist.org/list/biker-uses-gps-to ... -a-sketch/
  • sancho1983
    sancho1983 Posts: 76
    You stopped for quite a long while!!
  • Yes i stopped and took a few pics of the sky and tress and creek and had a snack sry.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Is it Milton Keynes :?:
  • outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

Going by the place names on the map... no.
  • No im not him have no idea who you are talking about lol,but i do have a question does my avg speed and time seem ok for a new guy,any tips would be thankful.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Yes, you're off to a good start, just keep enjoying it and that speed will creep up.
  • Thx iPete its also really crappy when your starting out to see if you like the sport on a bike thats alittle heavy and others have A+ bikes :( i will have one in a few yrs lol.But i love the sport been wathcing some on the tv and what not really liking all the stuff that comes with it also.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    Thx iPete its also really crappy when your starting out to see if you like the sport on a bike thats alittle heavy and others have A+ bikes :( i will have one in a few yrs lol.But i love the sport been wathcing some on the tv and what not really liking all the stuff that comes with it also.

the way I look at it is, look what they were doing in the 70s! When I get that fast then its time to upgrade to the carbon and bling. Love my steel frame, especially love steaming past a bike 10x my value, dressed in my finest sportsdirect £5 shorts and £7 jersey...
  • True Yukirin but alot of people dont see it like that some people with nice gear look down on the other that dont have super nice gear not saying they all do cause there are alot of nice people that i have seen and said hi to while riding.Just some people take riding alittle to serious and and dont enjoy the freedom they have on and and the free gas lol
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

Going by the place names on the map... no.

I only looked at the grid system :wink: