Replacing SLX chainrings

ropey
ropey Posts: 96
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
The time has come to replace my SLX chain rings (3 x 9),I also need a new BB so may as well get a new Chainset.
Trying to keep the cost down so was thinking of getting a Deore chainset and putting the rings onto my SLX arms,will they swap straight over?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    They should.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Er, you can get inner and middle chainrings for under £25.
  • ropey
    Er, you can get inner and middle chainrings for under £25.

I'll have a look around,

Saw this,(the BB is included)I know postage is extra(to ROI),but I need a few other bits and their prices are pretty good
    http://www.probikeshop.com/shimano-deor ... 29741.html
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Still though, roughly £21 for chainrings, and about £20 for a BB. Still works out cheaper.
  • coblck
    coblck Posts: 217
    sent you pm regarding rings
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • ropey
    Still though, roughly £21 for chainrings, and about £20 for a BB. Still works out cheaper.

Ok,you win :D

Kind of forgot that I rarely use the biggest ring,so was factoring in the cost of one of those as well :oops:
    Cheers for the heads up

@coblck,got your message,thanks but I have other stuff to get as well so will get it all in the one order
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Actually, two rings was my ignorance, but yeah, you maybe fine with two rings. It is shocking how much rings cost, and/or how little cranks cost.