Rockshox Revelation RLT lockout lever.

widge34
widge34 Posts: 900
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
I currently have a 2011 Rockshox Revelation RLT. It came with a remote handlebar lockout lever. Is it possible to replace this lever with one that's actually fixes to compression gate on top of fork?
----
Widge.

Bird Zero 2
Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not sure what you mean - you want to connect it to the FLoodgate adjuster? Or you want to remove the remote completely?
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    I just want a lever on the floodgate to be able to lockout, rather than having the remote lockout lever.
    The lockout lever is a rubbish design, at the end where it sits on fork, it just keeps coming off, regardless how tight I do it up.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Yes it can be done. You need to open the damper and disconnect the spring too. Really you don't need to replace the compression adjustment dial (you can just fit a larger bolt instead of the grub-screw, which'll give you something to grip), but it does make adjustment easier.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    widge34 wrote:
    The lockout lever is a rubbish design, at the end where it sits on fork, it just keeps coming off, regardless how tight I do it up.

Sorry sounds like operator error.

But yes you can By changing the MoCo cart or modding it as per the FAQs with a new cap.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown