Fcuking picced off

2»

Comments

• billyballs
    billyballs Posts: 41
    I,m with blister puss- a bad workman always blames his tools.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    billyballs wrote:
    I,m with blister puss- a bad workman always blames his tools.
    + enoughpotatostoputIrelandinanotherfamine
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    styxd wrote:
    Its not really the bikes fault that you dont know how to ride it properly.

Spend some time learning how to ride before you blame the bike.
    This, stop complaining and learn to ride your bike properly.

That or it was down to your bodged tubeless conversion.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    mb london wrote:
    I don't think it's me to be honest, I am sure it's the fact the tyre blew off the rim
    its cause and effect... the tyre comming off was the effect not the cause - you need to work out cause... you had a heavy front landing - i did as well when i switched to full sus, the rear end was kicking up something shockingly, nicklouse helped me by suggesting the same thing he's said to you rear end is sending you forwards so you land on the front... your weight + 4ft up + landing on a tubless conversion with a narrower rim etc is causing it to come off. Play with the suspension to get the settings right, play on the bike to get used to it - its new and you will need to change your riding a bit do this and the tyre issue will perhaps not be so much of an issue or put a tube in.....
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    I think some of you are being a bit harsh.

The guy is obviously used to the jump and normally capable of making it. OK, it may well be rider error as the FS rides differently and pointing that out is fine. But to do so with such glee and in such a derogatory way when the OP was just asking for advice is, in my opinion, un-called for.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    chrisw333 wrote:

The guy is obviously used to the jump and normally capable of making it. OK, it may well be rider error as the FS rides differently and pointing that out is fine. But to do so with such glee and in such a derogatory way when the OP was just asking for advice is, in my opinion, un-called for.
    You did read the title of the thread?
    Andy likes Glee (wonder where he's been lately?)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    chrisw333 wrote:

have you met Bike Radar ?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Not sure I consider a 4ft drop to be something any beginner could handle - its about the level that makes my butt eat my saddle as it puckers up hard and I have been riding for a while. That said I'd do it at least confident that I was going to land on both wheels.......
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    But WHY did it blow off, land from 4' on the front wheel with some steering on due to poor rider technique (not used to FS) and you'll risk blowing it off, but that is your not the bike's fault (assuming that is what happened).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Not sure I consider a 4ft drop to be something any beginner could handle - its about the level that makes my butt eat my saddle as it puckers up hard and I have been riding for a while. That said I'd do it at least confident that I was going to land on both wheels.......
    He isn't a beginner - just has a new bike. Read again.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    But he says the drops do-able t beginner. I was just querying that point.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    But he says the drops do-able t beginner. I was just querying that point.

But whren you go from a bike that does not kick to one that if your drive it into the take off will kick you into a nose dive.

It is fun.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown