New bike

Withy73
Withy73 Posts: 2
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi, looking for a new bike looked at the cube acid 2012 but just seen a 2011 whyte 901 at a good price any help on which to choose please? Or any other suggestions would be great fully received really need some advice can't afford to get it wrong

Comments

• Jake10
    Jake10 Posts: 7
    I've ordered the Cube Acid 2012 and it's due to arrive this week! I've not been on a mountain bike for a few years now so really didn't know what to buy. I figured spending around £750 on a bike, whatever I bought would feel awesome to ride and I'd get loads of enjoyment out of it, so I went for the one I liked the look of the most!!!

I know I'm taking a bit of a risk by not trying it first etc etc, and making my final decision based on looks is definately a risk and probally very amaturish, but hopefully it will all be good! I think sometimes you can just get caught up in evaluating all the different specs and concern for purchasing the best value bike etc. I'm pretty sure most of the differences in spec are generally only noticed by pro's when the bike is being pushed to its limits, somthing I don't intend to do! If you really like it and you can afford it then buy it and get riding.

I went for the grey n blue colour as I think it looks sweet! I'll post my reviews once it arrives and I've thrashed it around my local trail centre! Can't wait........