Ooh that smarts

jamie 'jammy dodger'
edited May 2012 in MTB beginners
Got my first pedal to shin today...would like to blame the bus that passed by very close,but will chalk it up to human
error x-(
Still can't wheelie :(

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    You'll be getting used to it ... or else do what I did and go clipless! :lol:
  • :-D
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Greer's right, you do get used to it. I swear my shins have actually become numb. It's like my body gave up telling me "OUCH" and disconnected the relevant nerve endings after a while.
    Bramble whips, nettles, rocks, and pedal strikes, I genuinely barely notice anything until I get home and wonder where the bleeding's coming from!
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Greer's right, you do get used to it. I swear my shins have actually become numb. It's like my body gave up telling me "OUCH" and disconnected the relevant nerve endings after a while.
    Bramble whips, nettles, rocks, and pedal strikes, I genuinely barely notice anything until I get home and wonder where the bleeding's coming from!

Glad its not just me! I often plough through things happy as larry only to get back to the car an hour later with new bloodstained socks and this thought in my head - "eh?"
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Greer_ wrote:
    You'll be getting used to it ... or else do what I did and turn into a raging homosexual, Not unlike Graham Norton

Fixed
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • sloppycowpat
    sloppycowpat Posts: 349
    i think my shines are more scare than not :lol:

can always were shin guards they work but are hot as hell in summer
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I can confirm as you get older you run out of shin skin.

P1010291.jpg

The pinky stuff will never grow back the thickness of the other and is easily 'bleedable'
  • Nice pic :s....looks like guards are the way forward,booked in for a tattoo (full leg)...suppose he could needle around the scarring :s
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Reason i always wear guards when riding other than to the shops!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    xmadxmoex wrote:
    Reason i always wear guards when riding other than to the shops!

Fckin girl.