Minimum length of seatpost into an 05 Kula Deluxe Frame?

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi
I am not sure of how significant this is to frame failure/cracking etc but when ordering my seatpost i asked how much length is left at the minimum insertion level on the setpost. I was told 80mm which is fine.
Then the guy said that you need to know the minimum insertion amount of the seatpost into the frame too as this can seriously affect your frame (i.e. crack/break it)
I am using a Kula Deluxe from 05 which is made of Aluminium (Easton Racelite Aluminium) and am guessing that 80mm left in the frame should not unduly stress is to cause the downtube to crack break.

Am i correct or totally wrong?? Sorry for the rambling message but don't want to get a post then have my framne screwed in the next few weeks.
thanks
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    80mm is a bit short.

normally 90-100mm but again it does depend on two things. the frame design and the post design.

so check with Kona.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Thanks Nick

I'll check with Kona now
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.