Holiday MTB insurance.

kenan
kenan Posts: 952
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Off to Bulgaria in July for my brother in laws stag do. Will be riding during the day and was hoping somone could advise on a good company for insurance to cover me and the bike. Can you get one that covers the bike for damage on the plane (you know it will happen).

Comments

• nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I use www.snowcard.co.uk when cycling abroad, the cover is adjustable for what you want so you can increase the sports equipment (or baggage, can't remember which is the right one...) to take into account damage to the bike. I don't think theft is covered though (my home contents covers the bike in Europe).
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    not sure on damage whle in transit,, just be sure you pack the bike propperly and you should be fine.. you will find it hard to cover the bikes for theft as well while they on the plane as they cannot be locked..

as for covering you to ride your bikes ect we always used insure and go.. they do extreme sports cover,, and they cover mtbing...
    they pay up to as i found out last year when i had to use them for an accident i had when i broke my finger in whistler bike park... and they paid up for our kid back in 03 when he seperated his shoulder snowboarding in mammoth cali...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Another vote for Snowcard here. Found them very helpful when I did have to make a claim.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • I have a similar insurance requirement for an upcoming trip to Switzerland. I think we are going to be riding Champery and some of the uplifty bits around and about.

Any idea what category this fits into on the Snowcard bike activities quote? eg 'MTB track and trails' or another one?

They seem pretty good, and if others here recommend them then I will maybe use them.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    For guided MTBing in Spain I've just used "MTB Tracks and Trails" whcih I think would be OK for what you want, although looking at the definition it mentions "MTB Downhiller" for ski resort stuff (but then also says off established trails). Probably better to call them to be sure.