The Kaiser Challenge 5/6/7 July

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited May 2012 in MTB rides
As you probably have seen splattered around these forums there is a big charity event in memory of Crudcatcher Legend Alex Kaiser
details of which can be found at
www.thekaiserchallenge.com

Basically its a ride over 3 days from Alexs birthtown of Glossop to near Bristol where he was due to get married over 3 days
People have been asked to sign up to ride to support this

so this thread is essentially to discuss getting involved in the ride, who's in, who's out etc etc
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I can get the time, I just need to try and sort logistics. If I can sort that, can't see why I wouldn't be in.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Sounds like a fine idea but for me it has to be a " Sorry can't make it" as I'm Offshore on the 4th.

Good luck for all that go.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'll know by this time next week. Just need to check when I'm away and see what my placement dates are, hopefully they won't clash but if they do it's placements I'm afraid otherwise they'll chuck me out of uni :roll:
  • Gazlar
    Cheers Richie

Clank I'm in so long as there's others I'm inn the same boat, got to work logistics, thinking probably train unless there's group unrest in a crew cab or something
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    If things work out, we'll have space for your kit in the wagon for getting it back to the South West - it sounds like SWMBO is up for acting as additional support crew for the entire run. Getting you from Cardiff up could be the question however.

I'll keep you posted, dude.

Edit: My logistics are sorted. Trying to work out space for other folk.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Gaz, I can't make the ride but I will make a chunky donation to make up for it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Cheers clank, getting up there isn't a problem really, the only problem I've got appears to be the face I finish work at midnight on the Wednesday, but I'm hoping to fiddle that.

Excellent news though that you're in, I'll sign on the official dotted later
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Gazlar wrote:

Many thanks. 8)

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Gazlar wrote:
    Cheers clank, getting up there isn't a problem really, the only problem I've got appears to be the face I finish work at midnight on the Wednesday, but I'm hoping to fiddle that.

i'm still waiting for the official yes from work...but i suppose i could just call in sick...hmmmmmm :lol:
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I'm signed up for the 3 days. Not told my boss yet, she'll find out when I email the whole company requesting donations - doubt she can say no then!
  • Gazlar
    Cool

it would appear that there might be a bit of a struggle for support transport....possibly, I got a couple of ideas for Sarah to investigate but falling that if a can could be got hold of, as much as I want to do the whole ride I'd be willing to take a turn drivingif it helped, anyone else failing a better.plan
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Gazlar wrote:
    Cool

it would appear that there might be a bit of a struggle for support transport....possibly, I got a couple of ideas for Sarah to investigate but falling that if a can could be got hold of, as much as I want to do the whole ride I'd be willing to take a turn drivingif it helped, anyone else failing a better.plan

SWMBO will be along as a non-rider for the event, if that helps any. Our orignal plan was for her to follow in my Landy, but that can be subject to other requirments, if it helps.

• Gazlar
    Cool cheers clank, I'll put that to Sarah see how that helps her plans
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Transport dependent I will be signing up for the three days :) Trying to sort out trains and the like.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Sorry guys, can't get any time off work around then, and theres a fair chance I'll be working over the weekend, despite it being my birthday.

I'll wish you all luck and make a donation instead.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gazlar
    Right guys looking at transport.......if there is enough interest heres a plan

Ride finishes in Brizzle, or near Brizzle, so if folks wanted to park at the finish or if they dont have cars then whatever, I could pop and get a minibus from Glossop on the wednesday bring it back down and then drive back either wed night/thurs morn. I reckon a 15 seater with the seats dropped down at the back would fit 8 0f us plus bikes with the wheels off and kit. Seems like I could get one for between 50-100 quid (I think) split that and the petrol costs, be 20-25 quid ech maybe

Just a thought as I can get up to glossop for free on't trains and it saves having to run round after cars parked up there on the sunday with tired legs
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp