Why does she want to build a town in the desert?

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,550
edited May 2012 in Pro race
That Dasseau Systeme bird in the Kakhi, why does she want to build a town in the desert? It's a foolish thing to want to do and a foolish advert. I know not what they produce but by jingo it's an annoying advert.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    How is this pro-race?
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    No, it's eurosport.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    I can't decide whether to spend my discretionary income on a state of the art compass to steer my iceberg with or a secret holiday in lower silesia
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I wish I had the money for a holiday in Silesia - sending the kids to the Aspire Academy in Qatar has pretty much cleaned me out.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I've seen the Lower Silesia advert about 500 times this month and I still don't know what country it's in. Now that's mysterious.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    afx237vi wrote:
    I've seen the Lower Silesia advert about 500 times this month and I still don't know what country it's in. Now that's mysterious.

I only know the answer because we have an office in Wroclaw
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    It's where the Teutons on Focus bikes chaingang,apparently
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Has the Aspire Academy ever produced any champion athletes?
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I had a list of different cities I wanted to go to on holiday but now I've been to Baku i feel like ive been to the whole world and never need to go on holiday again.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I could have been a racing driver, or even a footballer but cycling chose me. :lol:
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • While we're on the subject, word of warning: Sidi cycling shoes do not have the same nutritional value as fresh vegetables
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    just be glad we don't have the transition lenses advert back
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I thought this was going to be about A Town Called Alice...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    DesWeller wrote:
    I thought this was going to be about A Town Called Alice...
    No I think when Brad sings it it's Malice :)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    While we're on the subject, word of warning: Sidi cycling shoes do not have the same nutritional value as fresh vegetables

LOL :)

Sidi! Cycling shoes!

Love that advert :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    That tyre advert, Yokohama, irritates the sh!t out of me.
  • ShavenLegs
    ShavenLegs Posts: 33

Apart from being very annoying, what the hell does it mean? What exactly is a "pure tyre" and don't they really mean Japanese quality rather than Japan quality? Maybe they should get a native English speaker to script their adds.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    But the big question is "how many Poles will it take to make you visit Poland"? Offer me the blonde at the end and I'll be there every weekend!!
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    ShavenLegs wrote:

Apart from being very annoying, what the hell does it mean? What exactly is a "pure tyre" and don't they really mean Japanese quality rather than Japan quality? Maybe they should get a native English speaker to script their adds.
    Nothing would ruin the ads on eurosport quicker than a native english speaker.
  • k1875
    k1875 Posts: 485
    afx237vi wrote:

"Not to be talked about, to be seen. So see you."

The boy who does the voiceover sounds properly threatening when he says "so see you". After the first time I saw it I was halfway through buying my flights before I realised it wasn't an order and I retained the right not to travel to Poland on holiday.