I've just bought a Cube AMS 29er!!

dagger
dagger Posts: 21
edited May 2012 in MTB general
Unridden at present but heading out on it tonight.....

Please tell me your good stories about 29ers and if there are any other Cube AMS 29er owners out there I would love to hear from them.

Happy days............. :)
Do you have a job?

Yeah, I'm a full time legend...........

Comments

• Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    Where's the picture then?
    You can't come in here boasting and not post a picture of the thing? :wink:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • dagger
    Where's the picture then?
    You can't come in here boasting and not post a picture of the thing? :wink:

I'm new to this forum lark!! Let me get a photo and i'll get it put on :P
    Do you have a job?

• grl
    grl Posts: 65
    Photo please! Only have one experience of a full sus 29er and it was bloody brilliant
    Cube AMS 110 Pro
    Spesh Rockhopper Comp
    Bianchi Nirone 7
    Spesh Sirrus Comp
    Dahon D7 Speed (for sale, PM if you woudl like to buy - a bargain!)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No need to beg
    1330441829184-1p6uhwdlr12z-399-75.jpg
    Pic and a review

It appears to have large wheels.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • billyballs
    billyballs Posts: 41
    so what was it like Dagger. Ive been thiking of buying one of these or a Giant Anthem 29er but cant make my mind up and was asking the forum for any advice in a previous post. Hope you feel that you got value for money. LET US KNOW. And your right cooldad it has got big wheels, nice big wheels , oh yes yes ......erm sorry , got carried away with the big wheel thing.
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Press fit BBs , good luck with them. My turnoffs for the 29er Yetti, Commencial, Giant as well.
    Don't think, BE:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    thats a bargain ride you have there.
    I love the 29er evolution and i love the reaction when people notice its a 29er, everyone has an opinion on them too.
    Like the Cubes looks overall, colours etc, but never liked the rear suspension design (never ridden one, purely astetics)

Now get out on it and show your mates how much faster you are now :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    Out of interest - are all the stickers under the clear coat? or can you strip some off to give it a more "reserved" look?
  • dagger
    billyballs wrote:
    so what was it like Dagger. Ive been thiking of buying one of these or a Giant Anthem 29er but cant make my mind up and was asking the forum for any advice in a previous post. Hope you feel that you got value for money. LET US KNOW. And your right cooldad it has got big wheels, nice big wheels , oh yes yes ......erm sorry , got carried away with the big wheel thing.

So, I hit the Dalby Forest red route last Saturday and the bike felf perfect. The 29ers just rolled over the big stuff and I was climbing and jumping stuff that i'd struggled with in the past. I would say that value for money is exceptional and wouldnt hesitate to recommend this bike to anybody. Get one......NOW!! :D
    Plyphon wrote:
    Out of interest - are all the stickers under the clear coat? or can you strip some off to give it a more "reserved" look?

They appear to be under the clear coat so thats a no, sorry! Although I love the look of the bike with them on :P
    Do you have a job?

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Damn Hippies :lol:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Damn Hippies :lol:
    Oh Hai!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • billyballs
    billyballs Posts: 41
    Nice one dagger, hope it keeps going well. i might just take you up on your recomendation. keep us informed about the bike and its reliability.
  • dagger
    billyballs wrote:
    Nice one dagger, hope it keeps going well. i might just take you up on your recomendation. keep us informed about the bike and its reliability.

Yeah, me too. I cant wait to get out again but work pays the bills! Let me know if you take the plunge, you wont regret it i'm sure, it's an amazing piece of kit :D

I'll keep you up to date no worries.
    Do you have a job?