Posterior Tibial Tendon

Ransaka
Ransaka Posts: 474
I have an issue with the aforementioned tendon and have done for about 18 months.

I've been to physio, I've done my stretches and my strength building exercises where you raise up on one foot onto tiptoes. Not getting better. I've carried on biking. Not getting better. I've stopped biking for 5 months. Not getting better and I'm getting even fatter. I'm now under the care of a podiatry department at the local hospital who have given my orthotics (shoe insert) to help correct the gait for the iffy foot. Having been back fro my follow up appointment I saw someone else who told me that it was a new thing that was wrong (that my right femur is longer than my left one) and she adjusted the orthotic which, after 2 weeks, is now making my hip hurt like hell so I've stopped using them. The earliest I can get back to see them is in a month apparently.
Anyway, sob story over.
Has anyone had such an injury and if so what did you do to overcome it? Did you overcome it in fact or am I stuck with this forever now? I'm being sensible, icing it at least once a day for 20 mins, particularly after biking if I do it (have been told to do 15 mins a day and build up from there to see if it helps or not). I've been advised not to use compression on it but to let it do its thing however, since I've been following medical advice and appear to have made no progress at all I thought I'd ask you lot since I want to get back to biking properly and staring at my bike sitting all sad and unused in the hallway if starting to pee me off rather a lot.

tl;dr see title, have you suffered from this and if so what did you do to make it better?