Rambo's bike stolen

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited May 2012 in Pro race
Red alert for the stolen bike to Rabottini: current investigation and an appeal for the return.
THEFT OF BICYCLE - The day was topped by another event now also under the spotlight of the Farnese Vini Selle Italy: sports director Luca Scinto with the mechanical Raffaele Falzarano have witnessed a phase of stroke of Matteo Rabottini, replacing the bike. The image of the operation was broadcast on all television networks, but something has happened out of the norm, an audience that already has misappropriated the bicycle route from left to right Rabottini. When the flagship is shared, they noticed the absence, returned straight back but nothing has served to recover the vehicle. The bike is change operation, however, was reported by RAI and the staff team is retrieving images for the identification of those present. Moreover, “Every bicycle has an internal chip with which it can determine the right bike for events of this type” Luca Scinto said after arriving, ready to go to the police for its complaint.

APPEAL – The Farnese Vini Selle Italy, hoping to have a lucid moment of a spectator at the time, perhaps for the euphoria of the event or the excitement of the show, made a gesture not weighted, calls for the immediate return of the vehicle and appeals to anyone who has seen or has information about the person who stole the bike, get in touch with the team to one of the following numbers: Phone – +39 331 1989055 | email – info@farneseselleitalia.com | FB – www.facebook.com / farneseviniselleitalia | Twitter – @ farneseselleita).
*Rough translation*

Looks to me like they just rode off and forgot not like the guy stole it.

Video:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 9923441230
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Watched this video earlier. Bloomin' brilliant! 'The underpants man' has got himself a new bike.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986

Yes. Wonder whether he'll return it? :)
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    Brilliant.

Mr Underpants is clearly seen running after the car with the bike.

Let him keep it = great PR.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Does anyone have a YouTube link, I'm on my iPad and the Facebook vid needs flash
  • philw80
    philw80 Posts: 436

Would you? :wink:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    philw80 wrote:

Yes. I'm too honest for my own good :(
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    He returned it and got a signed jersey and breakfast with the team as a reward, although by the look of him he seems in need of a complete team kit.

The staff were just trying to avoid embarrassing themselves, by claiming it was stolen instead of forgotten. Except they didn't reckon on video evidence of their fail.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I was watching this on Saturday, the OH and I were laughing at pants man trying to help Rabottini, holding the bike while they got a spare for him. We were shouting at the TV that they'd left it behind.

It's the mechanic's fault he just drove off.

No idea why he was just like that, it looked freezing cold on Saturday!
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    HA HA HA HA thats awesome!!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • philw80
    philw80 Posts: 436
    philw80 wrote:

Yes. I'm too honest for my own good :(

Unfortunately I'd probab;y agree that I'd do the same :(
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    philw80 wrote:

Depends on what size it is. :D
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    philw80 wrote:

Depends on what size it is. :D

My sentiments exactly.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • sportbilly1976
    sportbilly1976 Posts: 524
    edited May 2012
    +1

...but those bikes are hardly inconspicuously designed such that you could blend into the background when out riding it!! :)
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695

Did rambo forget his keys for the trailer?

On topic ... I seem to remember Harmon and/or Kelly commenting on the dude getting a free bike ... Good on him, he's got a Giro story for the next few years ... My best one was having tne all time Vuelta winners bidon and we all know how that turned out ...