Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    No, I dont think anyone has.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Over 12,000 'Likes' on the Facebook page. Some pretty amazing bargains on there.

Think I'll risk it :?

Will let ya'll know how I get on...
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Trek Session 8
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Use a credit card - extra protection then.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • felix.london
    Well...after a wait of 7 days which seems pretty standard for overseas web-store deliveries (even Germany to France) this arrived yesterday...

Nukeproof Snap (2011)
    2012-05-31.jpg

...for the price of €242 (£195). Cheapest I found that frame in the UK was £230. Also got a Truvativ Hussefelt DH 1.1 Crankset in white 8) for €46 (£37). All for £8 delivery...happy days :D

Trek Session 8
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    What's the warranties like on items bought from them?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Absolute beauty. Those frames look really good. What are you building it up with?
  • felix.london
    styxd wrote:
    Absolute beauty. Those frames look really good. What are you building it up with?

The plan is to build it up for as a cheap(ish) fun bike, so using bits I've taken off the Rockhopper at first (Marzocchi MX Comp Air, Deore 9sp drivetrain, Sunringle rims, Easton EA50 Monkeybar, Specialized seat & post). As & when those bits die (or I'm feeling flush!) I'll replace with Argyle fork, change it to 10speed, maybe a Saint or Zee shortcage rear mech

New bits from the start will be Nukeproof headset, Truvativ Hussefelt DH 1.1 crankset with Blackspire Mono Veloce 34t ring, Truvavtiv BB, Superstar Nano pedals and Superstar or Sixpack Racing finishing kit & blingy bits

Will be upgrading the brakes on the 'hopper this summer to XT so it'll adopt the Deore's

I'll be documenting the build as I go. Could be a slow one but I'm hoping to hit the BMX park with it this summer so stay tuned :wink:

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    waby1234 wrote:
    What's the warranties like on items bought from them?

dunno...never look into warranties on anything I buy. Presume it's covered by the manufacturers warranty.

Trek Session 8