Silly Commuter WFH is ....

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
What's the worst thing about WFH on a boiling hot day like today?

Is it the blinding rucksack free best bike shorts & T double commute in the green rolling countryside before you head back home for an coffee?

Is it conducting all your conf call outside in the sunshine?

Or could it be having lunch in a lovely pub on the river, sat in the beer garden soaking up the rays?

Perhaps even, being home in time to join in with the local club chaingang again out in the rolling countryside?

No no no it has to be Pimms o'clock & BBQ

pimm-s-style-bbq-apron-matte-gold-over-black_design.png
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,777
    I reckon you'll be redder than Rick Chasey's jeans by the end of today.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,847
    rjsterry wrote:
    I reckon you'll be redder than Rick Chasey's jeans by the end of today.

I'm more or less as green as my chinos reading his post :P.
  • itboffin
    :mrgreen:

Beers a chilling nicely in the garage fridge too
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    You'll be on time for AA for once?
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:

Always am they meet at my house these days, although I hear you have a pretty stash as well, want to share with the group?
  • itboffin
    Right then time for lunch, pics to follow ..............

8) :lol:
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Always am they meet at my house these days, although I hear you have a pretty stash as well, want to share with the group?

Hey leave off. I've gone from having enough room to have 4 bottles of beer and 1 bike inside to a double garage. I'm in my element. My booze purchase for this week has been

715907.20110518114002.jpg
    + 2 of these, to add to the 2 I have from last week
    110090.20120130154002.jpg
    +
    010164.20120229104003.jpg
    +
    010098.20111220164004.jpg
    +
    010167.20120419134003.jpg

Thats without the 24 cans of carling (for guests of course), 20 cans of guinness, a selection of ales (Hobgoblin) and stuff from Costco (awful place).

Also have a selection of mix and match ales from Morrisons. Quite like the Punk Ales (brewdog?)

Oohh that reminds me I need to order some Black Sheep Ale and some Meantime.

Did you know theres a brewery in Bermondsey that opens its doors on a Saturday morning so you can by a cask or some bottles. Kernel. Lovely Pale Ale.

Got Z barbeque last week, so all I need to do now is work out how the hottub in the garden works (after sterlising of course)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,363
    JZed wrote:
    so all I need to do now is work out how the hottub in the garden works (after sterlising of course)
    Until that point I was going to fish for an invite. In absence of car keys in a bowl what do you use?
  • jzed
    Veronese68 wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    so all I need to do now is work out how the hottub in the garden works (after sterlising of course)
    Until that point I was going to fish for an invite. In absence of car keys in a bowl what do you use?

Its essex. Keys are a bit useless as everybody has a Range Rover Sport.

Hot-tub came with the house. I would burn it and put in a bar but seems like for now it will be staying.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    itboffin wrote:

So, not doing much work and not even taking pics for us......that's just plain lazy...
  • veronese68
    JZed wrote:
    I walked passed one of those at lunchtime. Bling alloys and tarty Brembo calipers. It might be called Sport but it's not actually a sports car.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    I walked passed one of those at lunchtime. Bling alloys and tarty Brembo calipers. It might be called Sport but it's not actually a sports car.

nor i suspect would it cope with offroading!
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Hey leave off. I've gone from having enough room to have 4 bottles of beer and 1 bike inside to a double garage. I'm in my element. My booze purchase for this week has been

715907.20110518114002.jpg
    + 2 of these, to add to the 2 I have from last week
    110090.20120130154002.jpg
    +
    010164.20120229104003.jpg
    +
    010098.20111220164004.jpg
    +
    010167.20120419134003.jpg

Thats without the 24 cans of carling (for guests of course), 20 cans of guinness, a selection of ales (Hobgoblin) and stuff from Costco (awful place).

Also have a selection of mix and match ales from Morrisons. Quite like the Punk Ales (brewdog?)

Oohh that reminds me I need to order some Black Sheep Ale and some Meantime.

Did you know theres a brewery in Bermondsey that opens its doors on a Saturday morning so you can by a cask or some bottles. Kernel. Lovely Pale Ale.

Got Z barbeque last week, so all I need to do now is work out how the hottub in the garden works (after sterlising of course)

I checked my post and called the post office, still no sign of my invite to Z (see what I did there) house warming party :wink:

Of course i'd expect there to be a little more booze than that ..... just for me!
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    Veronese68 wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    Given the mahoosive engines they come with... you'd be surprised.

I live in TheOnlyWayIsEssex too.

Barbecue, now there's an idea.
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • itboffin
    gtvlusso wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

So, not doing much work and not even taking pics for us......that's just plain lazy...

Easy fella these real ales dont drink themselves you know

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

I have to go and light the BBQ brb :wink:
  • veronese68
    That looks like you're struggling there.
    I must confess the call of ale is strong. Pub wobble on for tonight. Apologies to the residents of Kingston, Ham and Richmond if you happen acroos a motley selection of drunk blokes on bikes.
  • itboffin
    Have now eaten so many burger, sausages and chicken washed down with jzed selection on "starter" booze I now need a little powernap zzzzzzzZZZ
  • Nik Cube
    Nik Cube Posts: 311
    So didn't ride the chain gang then !!
    Fcn 5
    Cube attempt 2010
  • itboffin
    Better than that took my daughter out for a little cross country ride and an icecream, now that's something I don't get to do often.

Early night too, bliss
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Library photo's of Englands Green and Pleasant lands?!

Seriously though, I wish I had WFH yesterday.....I could have got so much washing done....

[/underthethumb]
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Silly Commuter WFH is ....

...pencilled in for Friday. Woo-hoo!