Olympics tickets. Again.

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
So, it opened at 11am. I was in at 11. Tried some Badminton and was immediately told none were left, despite them being offered. Then tried some more. Was told after 2 minutes that they weren't available. Next set, a 7 minute wait to get no tickets. Currently trying my last request and have been waiting for 15 mins so far. I wonder whether I'll get some or not? Good old TicketMaster...

Anyone else had any luck in this round?
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• I got a pair of velodrome tickets for the Paralympics on Monday.Was a painful process and almost missed the success notification (it was about the 10th set I'd applied for!). Good luck!
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • We got tickets to the Mens tennis finals. Amazing luck. :D
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    So, it opened at 11am. I was in at 11. Tried some Badminton and was immediately told none were left, despite them being offered. Then tried some more. Was told after 2 minutes that they weren't available. Next set, a 7 minute wait to get no tickets. Currently trying my last request and have been waiting for 15 mins so far. I wonder whether I'll get some or not? Good old TicketMaster...

Anyone else had any luck in this round?

I went for the velodrome tickets Monday last week. Didn't take too long to find some available. Not a great session (though a convenient one - Sat am) but I got them! Longest wait was about 2 minutes for nothing. The one I got came up straight away.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I've got 4 tickets for volleyball (normal, not beach) that we got on the second time round. Now, due to family wedding, we can't use them.

I've been waiting for literally months to sell them through the 'official' channels and there is still no way for me to do it. There will be others like me who will want to sell re-tickets too.
  • Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    I got some table tennis medal matches (it just felt like a potentially fun sport to watch) and some hockey tickets for the evening of Saturday 4th - partly so that we could be in the Park when Jessica Ennis is doing the 800m in the heptathlon. Add those to the 'pool' that some friends and I got after ballot one last year, and I've got about 6 sessions across different sports plus, of course, finding a spot somewhere to watch the road race. I'm also doing the Opening/Closing ceremonies as a volunteer so looking forward to an excellent Olympics.

And yes, I think quite a few will try to sell some on. I think my pal has one clash that they'll wait to see what is the better match-up and then sell one set on. Already had several people ask for first dibs on them.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Had the same ballcocks for the Paralympic cycling. It kept saying tickets available, so waste time selecting to be told there are none. After trying around a dozen times, I eventually got a session on a Thursday morning to watch the cleaners polish the track.
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Is this right?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-17993655

Road race tickets released on 29th May?