QECP Red Route now officially open!

scottfitz
scottfitz Posts: 283
edited June 2012 in Routes
Here's a write up on the launch: http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/20 ... ally-open/
If anyone wants a guided tour let me know. 8)

Also next dig weekend will be on 16th and 17th june, we will be starting a pumptrack, patching up the red and i will be looking in the the route for the Blue trail. :wink:

Comments

• mozzy10
    mozzy10 Posts: 179
    edited May 2012
    Awesome work you guys have been doing! QE has always been one of my favourite places to ride, especially in the dry. However, with the work you have done I'd go as far as to say I prefer it to the Surrey Hills. QECP's trails are much more single track like with ribbons of dirt cutting through the trees, Surrey hills trails do seem to get wider and wider as they struggle to cope with traffic.

For anyone who lives in the South, especially between Southampton and Chichester then QECP has to be the place to go, on a dry day it would be well worth the trip from London.
    It\'s not your aptitude but your attitude that determins your altitude
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    On the A3 south of Petersfield.... use PO8 0QE

Trail Map Yellow trails are fire-road short cuts/bailouts
    RedTrail-v21-1.jpg

Park and Go
    BuritonHants-BingMaps-MozillaFirefoxIBMEdition20052012000131.jpg
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    Just been down there riding this morning, great trail, really fun and some nice technical bits! well done to everyone for all your hard work, I will be up for a dig day sometime!
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    My first time on the red trail in the dry since the improvements have been made yesterday - hats off lads, you've done a cracking job.

Love the new sections especially the last run down to the car park
  • DEZZA53
    DEZZA53 Posts: 17
    Rode it last week, this is now a great little trail with plenty to think about, short sharp climbs and fast descents. I shall be riding this on a regular basis, well done to those involved.
  • Had a go a few weeks ago just after the heavy rain. the trial was awesome