Terrible Olympic torch photo's.....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Well, the Olympic torch passed behind my house this morning at 08:30 ish.....so, the fambly and I popped out to see it on its way. We got a 5 second glance.....

IMG_2477.jpg

Terrible picture .....

Nice to see all the sponsors taking pride of place too, my thanks to Lloyds bank, Coca-Cola and BMW.....

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    You should have mugged her for the torch; they are worth £250,000 a pop you know :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    There was a bike peloton following the torch down the street......Noddergeddon. I suspect that they were delayed by the Police at the top of the road as the torch relay headed onto the High Street.

The street is a busy little High street in a suburb of Bristol, I was a little surprised that it was not closed off, there was traffic on the road both before and after the torch.

We were stood by loads of local school kids, so, I though that the lady carrying the torch would have stopped for them, but she didn't :-(
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    gtvlusso wrote:
    We were stood by loads of local school kids, so, I though that the lady carrying the torch would have stopped for them, but she didn't :-(

Even Will I Am took time to stop for pictures and great the peasants :roll:
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I'm taking my little girl out of school on Friday to watch it pass near here - counts as an educational trip as well...??? The school would have loved to have taken all the pupils to see it, but because of the road closures etc with a bus they would have to had all the kids wait for four hours by the roadside.......

MiniAH and I will be cycling, naturally. :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Its coming past my house so we're hosting an Olympics torch party for a load of mini-Wrath's friends. Plus a few grown ups. Might even get to see the torch, though I've got no idea who'll be running with it.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.