Great weather lately

klep
klep Posts: 158
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
Here in Holland the weather ususally sucks bigtime. I'm not sure if it's worse than in the UK but I do know that we both meet the restrictions to call our weather shitty. The past few days however have been great, perfect for riding in the sun and enjoying mother nature. It feels great to sweat again!

Going for a nice ride after my breakfast has settled down. How about you guys? Is the weather in the UK (Or wherever you are atm) treating you well?

Comments

• logitech208
    logitech208 Posts: 167
    Can only speak for the south of the country but its been superb for the last few days and if you beleive the weather forecast its going to get even better over the next few days.
  • Can only speak for the south of the country but its been superb for the last few days and if you beleive the weather forecast its going to get even better over the next few days.
    ^^^ This
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    It's been quality, of course as soon as my exams are over next thursday (and I can get some long rides in) im sure it'll it turn crap again.
  • houndlegs
    houndlegs Posts: 267
    Superb here in south wales,went out yesterday and going again today after lunch :D
  • BobScarle
    BobScarle Posts: 282
    Fantastic weather here in the heart of the country. Out early yesterday morning, quick 30 miles before work. Should be out tonight, tomorrow morning and then a long (60 +) ride on Saturday. Bit of sunshine just makes me feel so much better.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    klep wrote:
    Here in Holland the weather ususally sucks bigtime. I'm not sure if it's worse than in the UK but I do know that we both meet the restrictions to call our weather shitty. The past few days however have been great, perfect for riding in the sun and enjoying mother nature. It feels great to sweat again!

Going for a nice ride after my breakfast has settled down. How about you guys? Is the weather in the UK (Or wherever you are atm) treating you well?

'twas heerlijk weer gister en hetzelfde vandaag. Jammer dat het ietje minder warm woordt (20 C) over de weekend.

:P
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    É realmente bom tempo aqui, quente, nao muito vente, 34c, seca como sempre é, mas eu tenho que escrever em Português caso contrário ele irá perturbar as pessoas :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    great even in Scotland.

the daft cyclist tan lines are developing nicely :D
  • MarksMintness
    MarksMintness Posts: 484
    Here in the midlands - "scorchio!" :D
    Been great for commuting, although arrived home dripping in sweat and feeling a little light-headed! My homeward commute finishes with a long climb!
    Its all good.... 8)
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    klep wrote:

'twas heerlijk weer gister en hetzelfde vandaag. Jammer dat het ietje minder warm woordt (20 C) over de weekend.

:P
    Englishman living in Holland or...?

@team47b: When I hear Portugese it's hard to understand but when I read it, it's so similar to Spanish I understand almost exactly what you're talking about. :) You actually gave me the idea of maybe going on cycle holiday to Portugal. Is it any good?

Good to hear that everyone is enjoying the great weather! I had a nice ride myself this morning in the sun. After a good shower I rode my bike to work in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops (its just about 5 km) when at about 8pm it started to rain like crazy! So I left my bike there and took a bus back home... dont tell anyone! :oops:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    @klep

Best winter in europe, we had about 5 days of rain last year! Don't come during june/july/august toooo hot. Not a lot of traffic and reasonable road surfaces. Check out the Volta Ao Algarve etapes footage on YouTube.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike