The Hangover Wednesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Meh.

I don't feel too bad to be honest, but drinking 7 pints on a school night isn't really my best plan. However, I've had some toast (about to have some more) and have my tea, and things are looking up.

I had a few conversations with people last night which are now swimming round my head, I think I may have said things I shouldn't have and didn't really mean. This means I had a great night at the end of the day :D

Laters
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Today will consist of chasing up yodel trying to find out what the fuck has happened to my parcel. One of my flatmates stayed in yesterday working, according to their tracking they tried to deliver and left a card because nobody was in... bollocks did they do either of those things. It also appears the parcel never made it back to the depot either after this and yodel have no idea where it is :roll:

Might go watch some rugby later too.

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Angry Bird: You know the true path to the resolution of delivery-based asshatery. Three little words - ditch, head, you know the rest. Fulfill your destiny!

Mornin' X's and double-X's

Work m'eh today, but with the highlight of having to scarper early to get an order from RS (work related - I wouldn't shop there personally - I'm more of an 'adult store' kind of guy). There will be an interesting meeting around the middle of the day, too.

On a more postive note (yep, my day can get better!), it is my colleagues last working day of the week. It's an Effective Friday, and in this house, EF= bacons! Full fry-up will be consumed, as soon as he can haul his lazy, lazy carcass into the office. On top of that that the meeting at midday comes with lunch. Suh-weeet.

Onwards! To the aperitif! That means 'coffee' to you and me!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    Clank wrote:
    Angry Bird: You know the true path to the resolution of delivery-based asshatery. Three little words - ditch, head, you know the rest. Fulfill your destiny!

What with the supercunt flatmate and the decent flatmates missus and all that I'm going to be running out of ditches round here :roll:
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Angry Bird: I know a man with a big earth mover if that's any help. Multiple ditches in no time at all.

Today is very misty here. So many people riding / driving without lights too. So much for the bright forecast. New tyres should be arriving today so I've got that to look forward to later but for now I'd better get some of this work stuff done.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Misty here in Cheshire :( Was hoping to get a suntan on the ride in (with lights on cicatriz :) )

Today is manic work, followed to work night out = lots to drink :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning Missing Links,

Not feeling the brightest over here either. Too much beer & curry last night = a fuzzy head and a dose of the Calcutta Splutter this morning. No trip to P.O.R.C today as just CBA to push up in 25 degrees and body armour, maybe Friday. For now its coffee time and some more job hunting calls and emails.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    Wow just managed to get hold of a useful perosn at Yodel :shock: Contradicted everything I'd been told yesterday but let me book it in for collection from the depot. It means a trip over to Vauxhall but that's only a little over 10 minutes on the tube but at least this way (hopefully) they can't fuck up the delivery again :roll:

I'm taking a shovel with me just in case though :wink:
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

An overcast day in Strasbourg today. We had an awesome thunderstorm last night, complete with lightning
    Not much in the cards today in the land of the frog. I may go scoot around some 2nd hand shops to see if I cannot find a half decent, used single speed for commuting.
    I also need to find a decent bike shop that sells MTBs as they're all freakin' commuter bike shops in the city and I want to know where I can rent an MTB for a day in the French equivalent of a trail centre.
    Riding on these cobblestones just ain't good enough...

Wishing you all a ditch digging, b¡tch slapping day
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    In the office in shorts today, purchases will be beer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Sup

Woke up to a mention on twitter from Kaiser, bit weird to be honest! Not sure if its been mentioned already, but check out www.thekaiserchallenge.com for info on the charity ride his fiance is organising in July.

I'm up for joining the ride, raise a bit of cash. Anyone else fancy it?

Laterz
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Still on holiday. yay.
    sky hd box packed in this morning. boo.
    engineer coming out tomorrow. yay.
    gonna cost me. boo.
    think i may have to pay other people a visit and annoy them (if i can motivate myself)
    ste_t wrote:
    Sup

Woke up to a mention on twitter from Kaiser, bit weird to be honest! Not sure if its been mentioned already, but check out http://www.thekaiserchallenge.com for info on the charity ride his fiance is organising in July.

I'm up for joining the ride, raise a bit of cash. Anyone else fancy it?

Laterz

Will most likely be making a donation this month or next. Few hot birds on there as well :wink:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Cockjanglers,
    Been mentally busy at work this week with no sign of a end in sight :evil:

Excellent ride was had last night, did some things i wouldnt normally attempt, bowed down to peer pressure and i tried it! Excellent.

Ordered the smug frame and forks last night, so just need a set of brakes and i'm off!

Laters nobbers
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Meh.

I don't feel too bad to be honest, but drinking 7 pints on a school night isn't really my best plan. However, I've had some toast (about to have some more) and have my tea, and things are looking up.

I had a few conversations with people last night which are now swimming round my head, I think I may have said things I shouldn't have and didn't really mean. This means I had a great night at the end of the day :D

Laters

After 7 pints? What were you drinking, shandy?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Very hot work at the gym last night, followed by an almost-argument with TFN, over what we'll be riding on Saturday. Long distance relationships are crap.
    Been to the Dr's, got to go back for tests. woop. Probably nothing wrong with me, but I'd rather find out sooner rather than later.
    Today will be workmeh, and a visit to a friend's for Mojito Wednesday. Looking forward to it, oh yes.

Not done any work yet, suppose I should do something to earn my keep.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Morning cock suckers

Duvet day for me, after working my moobs off since saturday im off again now till Saturday.
    Brakes are on the way to me off here, Had an email off Fibica to say the groupset I ordered is out of stock, so they have refunded me, BOLLOCKS!! Ahh well no biggy wollyhatshop it is then!

Will take my rigid to the local park this arvo for some jump practise and get a sweat on

Later fudge packers!!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Little boo no.1 was in hospital until about 2am so needless to say not much sleep has been had. 2 hours late for work and the jobs are stacking up. Had to drive to work instead of ride which sucks on a day like today. All round meh. Good news is the LBS have got a bike in for me to try for size.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • supersonic
    they have refunded me BOLLOCKS!!

I'd have asked for just cash.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Mornin womb wands...

Great days riding yesterday, culminating in KOM on a segment on the ride and a few pints at the end: sun + ride with your mates = beer

I fukin LOVE riding in the sun!!!
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

my frame and forks should be here tomorrow and then the build can begin 8)

the olympic torch just went past work and i watched it from a distance sat in the car as i didn't even know it was coming past until i saw the police bikes :lol:

got a reasonably busy day today but i'm not gonna bust a gut over it as it's sunny outside and i CBA :D

i'm off out for a ride later onthe GT i borrowed off my dad to test out how my shoulder is feeling.

anyway,

have a good day cheesewands
  • supersonic
    Well I'm going back to bed. So behave.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    humph!

awake, no bacons, found strava, obsessed, work tonight, golf at the Belfry tomorrow and friday, excited!

less humph now!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    edited May 2012
    Work meh,

Followed by ride round cwm as its easy n local anyone who is about for after work pootle, are welcome to come hold my hand and to attempt to skip on a bike :)
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning Earthlings,

Managed to snap the bolt that you loosen\tighten to pull through the gear cable on the rear mech the other night and for the life of me I can't get the fecking thing out. :?

Think I'll dust off the old Rockhopper just to get out for an hours ride in the sun. :)

Apart from that work is busy and stressfull - but on the plus side I have a week off at the end of next week :D

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    supersonic wrote:
    Meh.

Laters

After 7 pints? What were you drinking, shandy?
    Nope, some proper mans bitter called 'Vicious'. It was 5%. None of these WKD's that you're on ;)

In all honesty though, I've been known to feel like this after 2 pints! My Mum's convinced I'm allergic to alcohol, but sod getting tested for that :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    RahsMorning Scuttlers

I have details later from Carys and Sarah (Kaise sister and fiancee) about Sarahs charity ride, unfortunately I don't know how to share the links from my mobile.

Today I'm at work, so break time now, lunch is a cheesecake and coffee, hopefully some of Amy's parts will have arrived today via the post so I can crack on when the main bit arrives

tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Gazlar wrote:
    RahsMorning Scuttlers

I have details later from Carys and Sarah (Kaise sister and fiancee) about Sarahs charity ride, unfortunately I don't know how to share the links from my mobile.

Today I'm at work, so break time now, lunch is a cheesecake and coffee, hopefully some of Amy's parts will have arrived today via the post so I can crack one off when the main bit arrives

tarrah

Corrected for you Gaz
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Gazlar wrote:
    RahsMorning Scuttlers

, hopefully some of Amy's parts will have arrived today via the post so I can crack on when the main bit arrives

tarrah

you do when you chop them up you're supposed to hide the parts not post them to yourself :shock:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs

One section of work top installed. Been out for a quick 25 miles on the (road) bike and found a massive fault in the DHB shorts that arrived this morning. I blame wiggle for this and the lack of Haribo.

About to drill some holes in the wall for planters, then off to pick the kids up.

Mrs S had her blood tests back - all clear - so Doc's assuming a viral infection and to leave it for a bit. At least it's nice out.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • angry_bird
    Evening bumders

Got my package eventually.

Even better, nipped up to the other campus this afternoon where I'll be based next year, on the path from the town to the campus there's a little woods, went a wandering and there's quite a few dirt jumps there that students have evidently build, be nice for playing around between lectures. Winner.