photobucket is rubbish

maddog 2
maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
a small early morning rant I admit ... but why do people use it?

You go to look at something for sale and you just get teeny tiny pics. Use Flickr FFS.
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer

Comments

• balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    I agree. Use anything else! Dropbox is even better for sharing, because it gives you a straightforward image link which Flickr can be tricksy with. Anything to avoid the advert/JavaScript/BS infested Photobucket pages which demand multiple clickthroughs to get to the picture. Ditch it!
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    Dropbox will soon disable the link if you post to a popular website. I use imgur.com
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    More to the point anyone who uses Imageshack should be hung... easily the worst photosharing service... and it takes an age to load.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    God almighty, don't use Flickr. It's slow as molasses.

http://imgur.com
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Coincidently just started to look into which one to use, opened an account at photobucket, hadn't even uploaded when this was posted!

So, to sum up they are all rubbish.

Anybody recommend a service that we can agree simply does what we want?

Anybody tried Picasa?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    team47b wrote:
    Coincidently just started to look into which one to use, opened an account at photobucket, hadn't even uploaded when this was posted!

So, to sum up they are all rubbish.

Anybody tried Picasa?

I like Flickr.

Might give Picasa a go though.
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    team47b wrote:

At risk of repeating myself and chedabob, http://www.imgur.com is all you need. No need to sign up for an account, you can upload directly from the homepage if you want and there's good album support.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    team47b wrote:

At risk of repeating myself and chedabob, http://www.imgur.com is all you need. No need to sign up for an account, you can upload directly from the homepage if you want and there's good album support.

Sorry, have been out in the sun, fitting a sun shade to a wall so couldn't stay out of the sun until I finished, addled my brain.

I am paying attention now and will use your recommendation, thank you for risking the repition :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Dropbox will soon disable the link if you post to a popular website. I use imgur.com

I didn't know that. I guess I don't post on poular websites! Does imgur allow you to link straightforwardly to the image itself, without any page chrome at all? That's the acid test for me. If so, I'll sign up in case I ever go anywhere popular.
  • LaurenceGough
    LaurenceGough Posts: 218
    balthazar wrote:

I didn't know that. I guess I don't post on poular websites! Does imgur allow you to link straightforwardly to the image itself, without any page chrome at all? That's the acid test for me. If so, I'll sign up in case I ever go anywhere popular.

Yes, imgur does but bearing in mind they will receive no revenue this way. It's best to link to the image page, if not to the image but as a link back to them.

imgur is a great company :)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite 2010
    Mongoose Tyax Elite 2007
    Carrera Limited Edition TDF

Full suspension - King of the forest!

If anyone rides in Sulham Wood give me a shout :).