Lost Mojo

hodge68
hodge68 Posts: 162
edited May 2012 in Road beginners
I dont get it, the sun is shining and i could not be bothered to go out on my bike :shock: . Infact ive hardly trained since doing the Thames Turbo Tri 2 weeks ago :oops: .Theres always another day.
Ridley Boreas
Spesh RockHopper pro
Boardman cx comp

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,021
    I'd just go out for a pootle then, just to do a bit of sight-seeing somewhere. Don't call it training. Enjoy riding a bike in this glorious weather. Breathe in the air. Feel the warmth of the sun on your back, as the wheels gently glide over the tarmac with the gentlest of efforts from your legs.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    One thing - Pub run - if riding out to a nice country pub to sit in the sun drinking a beer or cider doesnt appeal enough to get you riding then check in to get your head tested!
  • hodge68
    cheers folks, had the map out and arranged for the grand parents to have my daughter tomorrow afternoon. Im going to pootle down the tow path for an hour or so and have a pub lunch :) then turn around and pootle home. Next find a new race/challenge to train for.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    hodge68 wrote:
    Next find a new race/challenge to train for.

Or maybe just cycle for enjoyment, stress relief, solitude or any other reasons :D
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    If you dont get out on that bike this week, this will be you next week!! :shock:

former+pro+cyclist.jpg
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    If Wirral_Paul's motivational technique doesn't work ( :) ) why not go out with a cycling buddy or a local club, particularly a group that might be one step slower than your normal one? Nothing beats the odd cycle in good company at an easy speed (for once), chatting away and looking at the countryside roll by. You'll be sat in a cafe before you know it, having a lovely cake & coffee and champing at the bit to get back out. Feed your soul, it needs it every now and then.
  • hodge68
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    hodge68 wrote:
    Next find a new race/challenge to train for.

Or maybe just cycle for enjoyment, stress relief, solitude or any other reasons :D
    I know i should be able to, but come any bad weather and non of those things will get me out the door. But today the sun is out and im child free in a couple of hours, so im going cycling just for the sheer enjoyment of it. :D Thanks for reminding me the real reason i should cycle.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • hodge68
    If you dont get out on that bike this week, this will be you next week!! :shock:

former+pro+cyclist.jpg
    LOL :lol: I dont think i look like this, but sure as hell feel like it on the hills .may copy pic to phone screen as a reminder of my new look if i dont get out.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    I've been through the doldrums think it was a bout of SAD, was sick of the rain, cloud and cold. The bright globe in the sky has reappeared and all is well once again..............just got to get out there and the motivation and enjoyment follows.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • klep
    klep Posts: 158
    Two weeks later...

9f115536bd7a8a8f180ad168d0460050.jpg
  • hodge68
    klep wrote:
    Two weeks later...

9f115536bd7a8a8f180ad168d0460050.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • hodge68
    Thanks all for the motivational pics and sound advice, Today i cycled 25ml along the canal, half way stopped for lunch and even had 20min kip in the sun. It was a beautiful day, even saw a man fly fishing on the canal. I think im cured . missed my road bike though. Have already planned a pootle out on friday on the road. :D:D:D:D
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,021
    hodge68 wrote:
    I think im cured .
    Blimey, that was easy! Couldn't you put up a bit more resistance?
  • hodge68
    hodge68 wrote:
    I think im cured .
    Lets see how long it lasts, still looking for something to train for, apart from the B/ham half marathon in oct.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • Bobbinogs
    hodge68 wrote:
    hodge68 wrote:
    I think im cured .
    Lets see how long it lasts, still looking for something to train for, apart from the B/ham half marathon in oct.

How about the Tour of Britain Pro rides? Looking at your location the one in Wales looks accessible...or even Stoke on Trent if the hills scare you :wink:
  • hodge68
    Had a look and yes Wales would scare me :oops: , but 30sept at the nec looks good for a ride around Warwickshire. Think i will try and rope in some of the cyclists at work and then we can do some training together.
    Ridley Boreas
    Spesh RockHopper pro
    Boardman cx comp
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    buy a new bike - always cures lost mojo
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Bobbinogs
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    buy a new bike - always cures lost mojo

yeah but at the cost of a constant whining sound in my ears whenever I get home :)
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    Can I donate some of mine? I'm aching to get out for a ride, especially with this glorious weather taunting me, but I'm currently trapped in revision hell and can't leave my room :(