The hand of god......

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited May 2012 in Commuting chat
Damnit, There I was blatting down the cyclepath towards the University, I am feeling good, the sun is shining, I have a minor tan on the go, I am wearing a very old 'Rolling Stones Tee shirt - I am looking surprisingly good, feeling good and it is lovely weather.....I see a 'hot' chick ahead, pushing her bike along - sometimes, you just know.

I am heading into a 90 degree right hander that switches to a 70 degree left hander - so, I figure that I will tip the bike in a la motorbike racer style and look really cool and fast.......get through the 90 degree right hander, start to tip into the switchback and *boom* left pedal strike on the fixie.....The bike lifts into the air, I lose control for a few seconds and scream like a schoolgirl and am now riding on a mixture of mud and grass, somehow I regain control with my left foot out of the SPD and on soft ground....The hand of god, planted the bike back on it's wheels, wobbled me a bit and then pushed me back onto the cycle path.

Ego vs hot chick fail

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Lucky escape! Pedal strike on a fixie is bloody scary.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,354
    :lol: Thought this was heading in a Greg T direction. Keep thinking I'm due a pedal strike as I haven't had one for ages (I've noticed that I'm pedalling through tighter and tighter turns). G;ad it's only the ego that took a dent.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    lucky recovery

ever grounded a stunt peg on a bmx.......
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Hang on. You should have stopped to see if she was OK, got her number, happy days.

Double fail !
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    fossyant wrote:
    Hang on. You should have stopped to see if she was OK, got her number, happy days.

Double fail !

Exactly what I was thinking. Poor show old chap.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Less Hand of God

and more

Pedal of Pillock

:wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter