When SVOTMs get old by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr
Uncompromising extremist

Comments

• steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Northwind wrote:
    Feels bad man. At first I was like

6be7473c.jpg

Size of them fanny bands!! :shock: :shock: You not hear of leaning it over??? I mean ffs your sliders are still shiny!!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Ach, it's Knockhill, all righthand corners innit.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • steelie600
    Northwind wrote:
    Ach, it's Knockhill, all righthand corners innit.

YOU LIE!! What about duffus dip??

Me at Pembrey, MRO powerbikes on a firestorm wearing pirellii slicks!! cant remember the year tho think it was 2002 or summat cos I was thin then! LOL

standard.jpg
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Northwind
    Nice shot that...

I remember later on in that day, it started to chuck down... Everyone else runs back to the vans and starts rolling out the wets. I'd ridden up for the day so funnily enough, did not have wets. But I did have heated grips, so I'd call that a win. Well up until I had to lift the bike out of the gravel at the hairpin anyway. Good times! But crashing pushbikes is less expensive
    Uncompromising extremist
  • steelie600
    Oh aye defiantely true, Ive broke pretty much every bone in my body. But now im gonna get fit again and do some nice safe downhill racing :shock:

I loved my racing but its injuries that have killed it, Now im on sick I cant afford a bike! So have sold my helmets leathers everything, remove temptation. Only thing ive kept is my trophies
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Unlucky guys that you have had to give up the bikes, when I moved to Austria and sold my bike here, I was gutted. Luckily havn't had too many injuries apart from a broken knee, and having my arm caught in a grab bar and being dragged on my knees wearing just jeans that left me unable to work for several months.
  • Northwind
    To be fair I could put it back on the road without too much bother... Just don't have the time for 2 flavours of bikes, and I'd sooner be out on the pushiron now. But I can't bring myself to sell it, you never know. (and tbh it's worth bugger all anyway!)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • sloppycowpat
    sloppycowpat Posts: 349
    I was gonna buy a bike this year then decided to go back to uni so now cant afford one :evil:
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I don't need to SORN my Bonneville, it's not been registered for at least 20 years. I've only been 4 years rebuilding it so far. I got rid of the 2 obvious motorbikes in this picture as they just weren't getting used. The Bonneville is all in there somewhere, the frame is hanging by the red luggage strap. I keep saying this is the year I'll finish it and get it registered.
    garage2011.jpg
  • steelie600
    Im gonna show my bike geek now Triumph trident 1200?? and a szr650 Yam
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • AllezGaz
    AllezGaz Posts: 93
    I've SORN my RSV this year in favour of cycling! Even tried a Trackday a few weeks ago but the weather was that bad it didn't inspire me. Really ought to sell but I can't bring myself to do it yet.
  • steelie600
    Dont say things like that around me, cos I want a Mille!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    SORN? Behave. My Sprint gets ridden just about every day and my nippers Thundercat and GS500 (he's on his restriction for another year) both get ridden regularly. Sort your shit out and get out there.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • veronese68
    steelie600 wrote:
    Im gonna show my bike geek now Triumph trident 1200?? and a szr650 Yam
    Spot on. The 1200 was on long term loan from a friend. Fast as the Millenium Falcon, but a bit too big and heavy for commuting around here. The Yam was a great laugh when it worked, but I think it had been neglected by the previous owner and I got fed up with constantly fixing it and I found folding myself up small enough to get on a bit tricky. Stupidly by the time I sold it I'd fixed all of the presistent problems.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    Sold my 2005 Z1000 when I started getting into triathlons more seriously - just ran out of time in the week.

Didn't get as far as knockhill, but did do 4 trackdays at Cadwell, one at oulton, one at donnington and one at silverstone - all great fun but Cadwell is just awesome...
  • steelie600
    Ive found some more of me on an old memory stick! A couple from Cadwell pre season in 2003 and one Im not sure about but going by my leathers id say end of 2003

Also youll see why my username is steelie600 (Steel framed 600 racing!)
    June_2005_photo_s_002_3.jpg

June_2005_photo_s_004_0.jpg

me4.jpg
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Singleton wrote:
    Didn't get as far as knockhill, but did do 4 trackdays at Cadwell, one at oulton, one at donnington and one at silverstone - all great fun but Cadwell is just awesome...
    +1

Cadwell is bl00dy brilliant, my favourite track - did a lot of trackdays there a few years back (on 4 wheels mind you). Here's me having a bit of fun back in 2005:

2429.JPG

1981.JPG

3259.JPG
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Ive just SORN'd my bike

answers on a postcard if you know what it is.....

IMG00030-20120504-2102.jpg

IMG00031-20120504-2102.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • veronese68
    steelie600 wrote:
    Also youll see why my username is steelie600 (Steel framed 600 racing!)
    Desmodue championship? I had a late carb'd 750SS. Great bike, might get another one at some point.
  • steelie600
    Nah cbr600 mate steel framed 600 supersports. were run to wss regs apart from we could tune the engines, Mine had fireblade internals in, well tbf they all did, so were effectively 950's!!

We used to set faster lap times than the 1000's! LOL
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • veronese68
    steelie600 wrote:
    Nah cbr600 mate steel framed 600 supersports. were run to wss regs apart from we could tune the engines, Mine had fireblade internals in, well tbf they all did, so were effectively 950's!!

We used to set faster lap times than the 1000's! LOL
    It's obvious now you say it. The CBR the front number board is a clue. D'oh! I thought the first pic looked like some Duc race fairings.
    Mate had an ex proddy racing early CBR6, that was a riot and was still only a 600. That thing of yours must have been insane.
  • steelie600
    It was a bit quick aye!! Had kent cams, blade carbs with dynojets, wiseco pistons and forged rods and stock blade crank. cant remember the power output, but it could light the tyre up at will! LOL

Man I loved that bike! The racing was fun too, 25 nut jobs trying to kill each other on track. I once had paint off 8 different bikes on my fairings, and then we all got pi55ed together at night!

I was always the last to bed at about 3am pi55ed as a fart and by the time i'd had caught a big slide in morning practise I was soon sober LOL
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • AllezGaz
    steelie600 wrote:
    Dont say things like that around me, cos I want a Mille!

You tempted? Twin carbon Renegades, Power Commander, Open air box race filter, 2000 air boot, lots of carbon bits, full set of original decals, Loads of spares, track fairings, ABBA stand and more....

d3b1b5c7.jpg
  • steelie600
    Its all going well except the truly shocking tyres!

Get some supercorsas on there!!

Off to smash the mrs over the head so I can buy a new bike!
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Cages are better though.
  • steelie600
    Cages are better though.

Wash your mouth out with bleach! :x
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • AllezGaz
    steelie600 wrote:
    Its all going well except the truly shocking tyres!

Get some supercorsas on there!!

Off to smash the mrs over the head so I can buy a new bike!

Yea bought tyres on a budget but to be fair they've been really good on road and track. Did a wet Cadwelk on Supercorsas once :roll:
  • AllezGaz
    In track suit :D

f82884f1.jpg

You l know you want it :lol:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    steelie600 wrote:
    Cages are better though.

Wash your mouth out with bleach! :x
    There's nothing better than the chirp of a turbo,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfk-yukbNCo