Good attitude from riders

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2012 in Pro race
Given the general whining on here about various riders' attitudes, I wanted to highlight the good attitude from the field on stage 15.
Mate & I went up to 5km from finish and picked a very quiet bit (we got the atmosphere on stage 14 and wanted a bit of peace for once), where we could see the riders from about 50m away. Painted road a bit. Obviously lots of encouragement for them and many acknowledged the support, especially G who got out of the saddle and was giving it some, then said "cheers lads" as he went past. Top man.

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Photos!
  • Anonymous
    Photos!
    That's FF's department!

I haven't yet got them off my camera, will chuck a link up when I do.
  • greasedscotsman
    Photos!
    That's FF's department!

I haven't yet got them off my camera, will chuck a link up when I do.

Yeah, love to see 'em! Going to see any more stages?
  • Anonymous
    Back out on Thursday for Stelvio & TT.

Other half in tow, might have to balance stuff a bit.
  • greasedscotsman
    Oooh, get you! The international jet-setter!

Don't forget to pack a scarf and mittens for the Stelvio! :D
  • Anonymous
    Yeah. £50 return flights, cheap & easy!

Pics here:
    http://photobucket.com/giro2012
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Crap attitude. He should have been racing too hard to even see you let alone speak ;)
  • greasedscotsman
    Cool photos! What did you think to the Ghisallo museum?
  • Anonymous
    Cool photos! What did you think to the Ghisallo museum?
    Ta, shouting & taking good pics don't often go together :-(

The museum was really interesting, but only in Italian which was disappointing as I don't speak any! I'd really have appreciated some translations and thought they might have done so given the international nature of the museum. The Giro pics in the basement were really cool, loved them.

The church was incredible, seeing Casartelli's bike was really powerful (though i expected it to be a crumpled wreck).

I found the hour record bikes (in both) interesting, given I've recently read Michael Hutchinson's book.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Ta, shouting & taking good pics don't often go together :-(

Always the same with photography - you can be participating or you can be observing behind the lense, but it's almost impossible to be doing both at the same time.

I like the pics though. They're a touch holiday-snappish rather than pro camerman cycling shots, but that gives them a touch of the atmosphere of the event and your involvement in it. And some of the riders look truly half dead. The fact that it's a quiet wooded spot makes it look like you're almost taking photos of them in private. It feels like you've managed to wander into their workplace, where they're busy slogging away at their 9-5 job before going out to put on a show in public, and they hadn't expected to need to put on the race face and make sure they were looking right. Feels very "behind the scenes".

Good stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format